By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG's Definitive Top 10 JRPG List.

zexen_lowe said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Euphoria14 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
So much hate on the best jrpg ever, it is sad. :(

It is not that anyone hates Lost Odyssey, it is a good game. It is just FAR from being anywhere within a hundred mile radius of being "The best JRPG ever".

He has it #2 on the list and above Persona 4 which is in every sense a MUCH BETTER JRPG than Lost Odyssey.

It is the best jrpg ever.

Persona 4? Haven't played it but let me guess.. it is a game with a whiney 15 year old kid with spiky hair as main character and an annoying cell shaded anime style graphics?

Wow, you sure know a lot about the game, right? Sorry, to say it, but you missed every single characterisitic. He's not 15, he hasn't spiky hair, he's not whiny as he doesn't talk and it's not cel shaded. Shows how much you know about the genre. May I suggest playing more RPGs before passing judgment? It doesn't make you look good if you go stereotipizing amazing games like P4 when you obviously have no idea what they are about

Wow, it was just a guess? I don't know anything of the genre because I haven't played one game? :) Most those other "amazing" jrpg:s have sucked, LO is pretty much the only exception. Usually jrpg:s just suck.

That is of course my opinion of jrpg:s, you can love them as much as you want.

Around the Network
Lafiel said:

@ Esa-Petteri )

haha, this is entertaining

before you were whining because you felt people were "hating" your game (although most was simply criticism and only one statement was a bit too emotional) and next thing you do is lash out at games others like

funny guy

On which game I "lashed out"?

boxydancer said:

I VETO your list. My list (top 5, 'cause I'm lazy)

5) Xenosaga
4) Chrono Trigger
3) Final Fantasy VII
2) Final Fantasy VIII
1)

I think FF7 is great game, but a grossly overrated one.

And yet you put it over Chrono Trigger?

1. FFX

2. CT

/IMO

Xen said:
boxydancer said:

5) Xenosaga
4) Chrono Trigger
3) Final Fantasy VII
2) Final Fantasy VIII
1)

1. FFX

2. CT

/IMO

Just goes to show how different everyone is. I'm surprised FFX is here at all. I found it unemotional and a big let down after FF9. Looks like none of us actually have the exact same Jrpg tastes.

Johann said:
Esa-Petteri said:
Euphoria14 said:
Esa-Petteri said:
So much hate on the best jrpg ever, it is sad. :(

It is not that anyone hates Lost Odyssey, it is a good game. It is just FAR from being anywhere within a hundred mile radius of being "The best JRPG ever".

He has it #2 on the list and above Persona 4 which is in every sense a MUCH BETTER JRPG than Lost Odyssey.

It is the best jrpg ever.

Persona 4? Haven't played it but let me guess.. it is a game with a whiney 15 year old kid with spiky hair as main character and an annoying cell shaded anime style graphics?

I'm sorry to intrude, but let me ask you something that I've always been curious about. How many JRPGs have you seen where you actualy play as a 15 year old with spiky hair? That is such a popular stereotype among haters, and I've never seen it!

Out of those recent games I have played, almost all of them. Chrono trigger, blue dragon, dragon quest 5,twewy,suikoden tierkreis... at least. :P

Around the Network
donkeykong88 said:
BengaBenga said:
JRPG said:
BengaBenga said:

OK, I do have some issues. No that's not true, I have loads of issues.

And since you present it as the "definitive list" I feel I should correct you on some fronts.

1) Chrono Cross is absolutely NOTHING compared to Chrono Trigger. Chrono Trigger should be at least in the top3.
2) Lost Odyssey doesn't belong in a top 10 JRPGs ever. Let alone on #2.
3) Xenogears is missing

Xenogears is great, but i had to axe something. Chrono Cross to me was much better tha Trigger, and LO is fantastic. There are many people who agree that LO is one of the best JRPGs ever.

I never heard anyone say that LO is one of the best JRPGs ever. It's a good one and the written stories are absolutely fabulous. I also like the leveling and the characters, but the story is rather lame and the skill linking is just too messy. Also it's completely linear and it you only achieve freedom from disc 4. Definitely an 8 or something, but nowhere close to one of the best JRPGs ever.

And Chrono Cross is really nowhere close to Trigger.

BengaBenga is a RPG/JRPG historian

How is having an opinion make him a historian?

I completely agree with #1 being Final Fantasy VII.

Proud member of the Mega Mario Movement

My Most Wanted Games: StarCraft II, Diablo III, Next console Zelda, and Final Fantasy VII remake.

luisgvm said:
this list is blasphemy without legend of the dragoon.

Fuck Legend of Dragoon, that game had a lame battle system.

Dragon Quest should be on top of your list.

Xen said:
boxydancer said:

5) Xenosaga
4) Chrono Trigger
3) Final Fantasy VII
2) Final Fantasy VIII
1)

1. FFX

2. CT

/IMO

Like I said, even though I think FF7 is way overrated, it's still a great game, imo.