By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - JRPG's Definitive Top 10 JRPG List.

Johann said:
This list feels to recent. Only 3 games from the 90's. I feel left out.

I knew i would get critized for that, but i just did not feel that many SNES JRPGs were good enough to be on my list. Don't get me wrong i like some SNES JRPGs.

Around the Network
gergroy said:
are these the only JRPG's you have played? because a lot of those are crap, or in the wrong order. IMO suikoden II should be much higher, lost oddyssey, while good, should not be in the top 10 by any means.

Looks like you caught me. I've only played 10 JRPGs.

boxydancer said:
Xen said:
boxydancer said:

I VETO your list. My list (top 5, 'cause I'm lazy)

5) Xenosaga
4) Chrono Trigger
3) Final Fantasy VII
2) Final Fantasy VIII
1)

I think FF7 is great game, but a grossly overrated one.

And yet you put it over Chrono Trigger?

1. FFX

2. CT

/IMO

Like I said, even though I think FF7 is way overrated, it's still a great game, imo.

Speaking of overrated, Chrono Trigger is overrated among JRPG fans. I mean it was a good game and all, but not that good.

Ok millions of people cannot be wrong so here is the top 10 best JRPG of all time by sales.

10. Romancing Saga
9. Golden Sun
8. Secret of Mana
7. Chrono Trigger
6. Mario RPG / Paper Mario
5. Monster Hunter
4. Kingdom Hearts
3. Dragon Quest
2. Final Fantasy
1. Pokemon

^Lol Monster Hunter. Turns out whole MILLIONS can be wrong.

Around the Network

ToV and LO is better than FFX?

WAT

I agree with your list, and though I personally would have put Vesperia up higher, its pretty on the spot for me too. Except for #1.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

indodude said:
ToV and LO is better than FFX?

WAT

FFX is better then ToV but that does not mean ToV does not deserve to be on the list. Both ToV and FFX are some of my favorite jrpgs. Never had a chance to play LO though. Anyways this list was the op's personal opinion so we have to respect it.

Wow, second page and no one mentioned Earthbound? Its not my #1, but I'd definitely put it somewhere in the top 10.

"And yet, I've realized that maybe living a "decent" life means you won't ever have a "good" life."

In my list, LO, ToV and Cross woulda been outta there. LO and ToV especially.