By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Alan Wake and Heavy Rain are rivals?

Always when post something about Alan Wake or Heavy Rain someone came to make comparison between both.

Around the Network

I think the comparisons are made because people see Heavy Rain as a graphical powerhouse, and XBox 360 fans see Alan Wake as the only game which can potentially beat ps3 graphics in the near future

Initiating social expirement #928719281

no they are not rivals, in fact there not even the same type of game

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

eh... i dont think they're very similar , Alan Wake seems more of what Alone in The Dark should have been, while Heavy Rain is more into the storyline.

786_ali said:
I think the comparisons are made because people see Heavy Rain as a graphical powerhouse, and XBox 360 fans see Alan Wake as the only game which can potentially beat ps3 graphics in the near future

Graphics dont make a game any better...

Around the Network

Heavy Rain is unique and cant be compared to any game

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

PullusPardus said:
786_ali said:

I didn't say that graphics make a game better did I? I'm stating the reason for comparisons. I know that they both are different genres etc. but I'm not the one who makes the comparisons either. I am merely stating the reason. Next time, please read...

Initiating social expirement #928719281

They're totally different... Fanboys are just crazy.

4 ≈ One

The only was I see these being rivals are in maybe the graphics department because both of them are supposed to be graphical powerhouses. Beyond that I see no comparison between the two.

Get your Portable ID!

End of 2009 sales predictions:

PS3 - 33 Million     360 - 40 Million    Wii - 75 Million

786_ali said:
PullusPardus said:
786_ali said:

I didn't say that graphics make a game better did I? I'm stating the reason for comparisons. I know that they both are different genres etc. but I'm not the one who makes the comparisons either. I am merely stating the reason. Next time, please read...

i know your not saying that, im just adding it to your point, i should have said "And also graphics dont make a game any better" , sorry.