By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how come sony doesnt have titles like nintendo?

Scoobes said:
Soleron said:

Wii Aeroplane demo you say? Google I must...

http://uk.wii.ign.com/objects/826/826991.html

Ignore the 'release date'. It was showed off at E3 2006 alongside other games that ended up in Wii Sports, but never made it to the final product.

Around the Network
Scoobes said:

I don't buy it that Sony don't have enough experience creating games as a good number are quality titles (Shadow of the Collossus, GT, Killzone2, LBP, Syphon Filter etc.). However, none of them have a historicaly memorable character, and the market for many of these games isn't as huge as age 0-Death. Maybe they need to market their games better?

I never said that Sony doesn't have enough experience to make quality games... Because they make some awesome games. I just said that Nintendo has more experience because how long have they been making games already?

Too bad Nintendo never makes adult games. Project H.A.M.M.E.R looked very awesome, but that's cancelled right?

Because they aren't meant to be played in 1-hour spurts. They are games to play for awhile.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Neptune said:
I know this is going to sounds like trolling but I don't mean it that way - less choices.

With Sony theres all the games you named: Ratchet & Clank, Gran Turismo, God of War, Killzone, Uncharted, Resistance, LittleBigPlanet, etc.

But with Nintendo basically your choices are limited to Mario, Zelda, Smash Bros, Metroid, etc.

Sure theres other great games like Zack and Wiki, No More Heroes, Madworld, and there are multiplats like Rock Band, but if you base your decisions off of ratings/word of mouth, all you will hear about is the latest Mario or other big Nintendo game. There are more great choices, but you don't hear about them outside of big gaming sites like this or IGN.

+1 and like someone else said that sony games are more like cult classics like God of War, Team ICo games (sotc, ico), Jak and dexter, sly cooper, Grand turismo, killzone, primal, siren, syphon filter, socom, and etc and etc.  Also you must not pay attention to all the franchise because a alot of them have sold over 5 million a piece.

luinil said:
Two Words: Shigeru Miyamoto.

who?!

Around the Network
Jo21 said:
sony generally it'a cult hit console.

look at ico and shadow of colossus.

their most main stream game are, gran turismo, god of war and now killzone and lbp.

+1 Most people do not get it, obvious this gentleman does.  Wii really only makes three iconic games and two of them have mario in the title so this alone makes most wii 1st party games reek of lack of creativity.

Nintendo ass kissing on here is pathetic.

If they are so great why can't they make a sim racer or action game like GOW, why is it Resistance out sold Metroid by more then double ?

Hate to break it to you GT is bigger them most of their franchises. GT is even bigger them Mario these days truth hurts don't it.

RolStoppable said:
twingo said:

If they are so great why can't they make a sim racer or action game like GOW, why is it Resistance out sold Metroid by more then double ?

Hate to break it to you GT is bigger them most of their franchises. GT is even bigger them Mario these days truth hurts don't it.

Yes, it's tough to be a Nintendo fan these days. If only their name and games would be as popular as back in the glory days of the NES.

Sad thing is that other then nin fanboys real gamers wish that was not scarcasm.  Crap like wii sports/play wii fit is a joke comapred to Golden eye Donky Kong Zelda.

Nintendo fanboys are a sad bunch prefering that medicore stuff to great games.

twingo said:

AMEN!

Username2324 said:

Let's examine this....
Top 8 Wii games:
Wii Sports
Wii Play
Wii Fit
Mario Kart Wii
Super Smash Bros Brawl (Mario included)
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario & Sonic
Mario Party 8

Notice anything? These games aren't necessarily selling because they are great, spectacular, mind blowing games. They are selling because the Wii has a large install base, and they are Wii/Mario games.

How can you expect the PS3 with half the install base and no Wii/Mario games to sell as much software.

So your advice to Sony is to add the prefix or suffix of "PS3" to all of their games so they can sell 15 million?

Killzone PS3
PS3 Ratchet and Clank Future: Tools of Destruction
PS3 Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Yup I can see the extra sales start rolling in now. I can't imagine why Sony didn't think of that first.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.