By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how come sony doesnt have titles like nintendo?

to start off, i know they have many great blockbuster hits like ratchet, clank, jak,daxter, kratos, sly, bentle, murry. erhmmm. the gran turismo carbot thingy? lol

but how come their titles have never sold as well as nintendo titles (aside for crash bandicoot but thats not owned by sony)

ive been thinking, i know the ps3 is for adults, but if a parent gets a ps3 wouldnt it be smart for sony to also make many games that apeal to a younger audience so that the parents get their kids that? 

like wouldnt that steal some wii sales? make many kids game for the ps3 then people will buy a ps3 for the blu ray and buy the kids games for their kids?

Around the Network

Little Big Planet?

But I think they should have kept Crash.

why would you buy your kids a $400 ps3 to play kids games? when you can get a wii and a blu-ray player for less. anyway kids don't buy as many games as adults.

Sony is going for a very specific market segment, and that segment can't stand the possibility of other demographics on its turf. While stuff not targeted to the M-rated market might sell, its presence on the console would also turn off Sony's most important fans.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

@ mr. y

thats 1 game... just 1

Around the Network

Nintendo's franchise are the most well known in gamming history, Sony brands dont have that recognition...excetp the GT serious, and also Sony cans there series to much (Spyro, crash, LOD LOL)

Mr.Y said:

Little Big Planet?

But I think they should have kept Crash.

warner brothers owned 20% of naughty dog. so when sony bought them they had to give them something in exchange for the 20%.

microsoft did the same thing with bungie and take two.

Mario has been on the market for 20+ years and has been the focus of Nintendo without fail. Sony has never made such a commitment. Some things just stick.

Um... who are Bentle and Murry?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Two Words: Shigeru Miyamoto.