By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how come sony doesnt have titles like nintendo?

saicho said:
Soleron said:
NinjaKido said:

Nitnendo clearly have a history of re-using franchises for their console iterations , clearly more so any other hardware maker in history , this shows an unwillingness to be completley creative and try entirely new things , it's a very risk concious strategy.

There's nothing new about the motion technology inside the Wii , I could argue they "ripped that off from who ever invented it" , but all of us know that innovation is not about making something totaly new , innovation is the application of exisiting ideas in a different way .

"Yes, 2006 on has been the least innovative period for Nintendo in their history."

The answer to your reply is in the first statement of the paragraph you bolded. Every single one of those titles you used to illustrate your point has been released since 2006. And I agree that since then Nintendo has just done rehashes. And Nintendo was wrong to do it. I hate the Pokemon Ranger series, I hate Metroid Prime Hunters, I hate Mario Super Sluggers, I hate Mario & Luigi RPG - in short, I too hate all of the spinoffs.

The person I quoted claimed that Sony had innovated in small ways and I challenged him to prove that. I see not one single new concept or application from Sony since the PS3 launch except in LBP which I conceded.

While I understand you don't like those sequals, I think you discounted the Wii series as Nintendo not trying to do something new. Wii Sports/Wii Play, Wii Fit and even Wii Music are all Nintendo's attemp to do something new and not rehashes from earlier generation.

Yet all the Wii series of games except Wii sports as it was the "original" Wii game generally feel like games designed to print money, rather then innovate. Wii Play is a controller tutorial, Wii Fit is marketed brilliantly (I say this as I have it and now neither myself or my partner touch it) as a fitness tool, not a game and Wii music... well, let's just say, for a music game, it's not up to Nintendo standard. Personally, I still expect more from Nintendo.