By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - how come sony doesnt have titles like nintendo?

No, it's the best selling racegame ever. Don't compare all GT games with Mario kart wii... I said that the best selling GT game got outsold by Mario kart wii.

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
No, it's the best selling racegame ever. Don't compare all GT games with Mario kart wii... I said that the best selling GT game got outsold by Mario kart wii.

Well the way you wrote it indicated that you meant the whole franchise not individual titles.

If your asking why they don't have a specific game or character which automatically makes you think Playstation. I did read somewhere Sony saying the reason is they don't want to have one thing tied to there console like nintendo does with Mario.

@ legend, i guess Disney should drop Micky Mouse because having one charachter tied to the company has has hut them immensely.

Sony doesn't understand effective advertising and that's a big part of the problem.

Around the Network
bouzane said:
Sony doesn't understand effective advertising and that's a big part of the problem.

And MS or NIN  do ?

If 360 ads are so great why are its sales barely above a PS3 that costs double and has no ads ? price alone dictates it should be nearly doubling PS3 sales.  With this great effective advertising it should be destroying the PS3

Some of their games sell really well like Gran Turismo.

I think its because people grew up with Mario games and love them. Most Sony franchises are relatively new.

@twingo Where in my post did I mention the 360 ads being so great? Seeing that you brought it up... The fact that the 360 is outselling the successor of the most successful console of all time despite major product reliability issues and a pay to play online service can not be entirely attributed to the price difference. That's not the point though, this thread is about game advertising. Resistance 2 and LittleBigPlanet had terrible advertising and I've never even seen an ad for Uncharted or Killzone 2. Sony doesn't understand effective advertising.

twingo said:
bouzane said:

And MS or NIN  do ?

If 360 ads are so great why are its sales barely above a PS3 that costs double and has no ads ? price alone dictates it should be nearly doubling PS3 sales.  With this great effective advertising it should be destroying the PS3

Are you seriously questioning Nintendo's ability to advertise? Holy hell, I have heard it all now.

Regarding Microsoft, if you look at their high profile games, they are able to move more units on them than Sony can on theirs. You can't attribute that to a higher userbase either, because Gears of War and Halo 3 both came out when the 360 had less units on the shelves than the PS3 has now, and both outsold any Sony published game out there. In fact give me one new IP Sony has created that can match the sales potential that Gears of War has. They've obviously been trying really hard.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

bouzane said:
@twingo Where in my post did I mention the 360 ads being so great? Seeing that you brought it up... The fact that the 360 is outselling the successor of the most successful console of all time despite major product reliability issues and a pay to play online service can not be entirely attributed to the price difference. That's not the point though, this thread is about game advertising. Resistance 2 and LittleBigPlanet had terrible advertising and I've never even seen an ad for Uncharted or Killzone 2. Sony doesn't understand effective advertising.

Watch some different channels then.  It's easily noticeable that MS spends more on advertising than SONY, but even i've seen Killzone 2 commercials and I can almost guarantee I watch less TV than most people do here.  Most advertising for games are 1-2 weeks before game release and maybe 1-2 weeks after.

Frankly though, you say LBP and Resistance 2 commercials were crap but they are no worse than any of the others.  All commercials are junk.  If commercials were 5 second snips like, BUY PRODUCT X, or NEW GAME XX/XX/09 BUY IT, TV would be a better place.

My opinion is the X360 selling better than PS3 based soley on its price.  Before the current cut, PS3 was outselling X360 by a good margin and the PS3 was still more expensive.  Even now the PS3 is gaining on the X360.  Thats not to say that the PS3 will ever go X360 until the X360 EOLs.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.