By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That's it! I have decided to start and finish Ocarina of time!

So, where are you now in the game my friend?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Around the Network

Yeah R2_Hardcore_Gamer, whats been happening man, havent heard from you in a while :(
Anyways all i have to say is ive just finished Ocarina of Time and although im sad to see it go, ive now started the beautiful Windwaker and going by the first 10 hours or so im loving everything about this originally amazing game. I do now understand why Ocarina is propheted amongst gamers...it is the first 3d Zelda to be made and the original wow factor of playing a 3d Zelda would have made gamers instantly fall in love with it. 10 years or so on it probly doesnt have the exact same effect but you can definitely see how and why people still love it, this was the original 3D, its the one that started this era of gaming and yes it is very unique. Windwaker however is just mindblowingly well made. Everyone who has played it will understand what i mean.

R2_Hardcore_Gamer i think you will find you will enjoy Windwaker more than OoT because its gameplay is something that is totally different and that has never been done before. I feel maybe your TP adventure spoiled OoT and also the fact that you played it 10 or so years after it came out had effected your experience aswell. because everything that once made OoT the best, has now been upgraded on TP or upgraded and done similarily or replicated on countless other games

Even though i disagree because for me despite the cleaner touched up gameplay and graphics on TP, i can still see why and have experienced why i feel OoT is the better game.

HOWEVER please play Windwaker, even if it means not playing OoT for a while, because i really think everything that you are looking for in a Zelda title is in this game. I feel you dont like OoT because everything about that game has been done over and over again bigger but not necessarily better, and you feel like its a slog to get through it. because you feel you have done it before somewhere, possibly in another game which OoT has influenced. A big influence is also because your not connected to it like many other gamers are who first experienced it when it came out. i do agree that you need somewhat some level of nostaglia to truly regard this game as the best ever. i feel OoT is a groundbreaking amazing achievement, but most of this is lost due to unfortunant occurance of never playing it when it first blew away millions.

PLAY WINDWAKER, ITS FRESH, ORIGINAL, THE PERFECT GAME. you will love it, like i am at the moment who is in the same position as you are.

Thankyou and post back mate

Hey hello everybody!

I apologize for taking so much time in posting again. I just moved in another apartament so I didn't have much time to play anyway.

However I got to play a bit this last weekend and I just beat the fire temple. It is a good game. But I still enjoyed Twilighit Princess more than this one. Specially the boss fights, which were epic.

Again, this is my impression so far, I may still need to finish the whole thing.

One thing I do have clear is that I didn't force my self to play Zelda TP: It actually became an addiction. With OoT, it is different, it is a self imposed homework. Not a pain, actually fun to do, but the real motivation is to return here and post what I feel.

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

Hey hello everybody!

I apologize for taking so much time in posting again. I just moved in another apartament so I didn't have much time to play anyway.

However I got to play a bit this last weekend and I just beat the fire temple. It is a good game. But I still enjoyed Twilighit Princess more than this one. Specially the boss fights, which were epic.

Again, this is my impression so far, I may still need to finish the whole thing.

One thing I do have clear is that I didn't force my self to play Zelda TP: It actually became an addiction. With OoT, it is different, it is a self imposed homework. Not a pain, actually fun to do, but the real motivation is to return here and post what I feel.

Your going to need a walkthrough to pass the water temple. That temple is really hard and annoying

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

ctk495 said:
The finale boss is pretty easy.The hardest is the one in the fire temple.

What? (I just noticed this post). But I found it pretty easy! This is so weird...

Around the Network
mikescrap12 said:

Yeah R2_Hardcore_Gamer, whats been happening man, havent heard from you in a while :(
Anyways all i have to say is ive just finished Ocarina of Time and although im sad to see it go, ive now started the beautiful Windwaker and going by the first 10 hours or so im loving everything about this originally amazing game. I do now understand why Ocarina is propheted amongst gamers...it is the first 3d Zelda to be made and the original wow factor of playing a 3d Zelda would have made gamers instantly fall in love with it. 10 years or so on it probly doesnt have the exact same effect but you can definitely see how and why people still love it, this was the original 3D, its the one that started this era of gaming and yes it is very unique. Windwaker however is just mindblowingly well made. Everyone who has played it will understand what i mean.

R2_Hardcore_Gamer i think you will find you will enjoy Windwaker more than OoT because its gameplay is something that is totally different and that has never been done before. I feel maybe your TP adventure spoiled OoT and also the fact that you played it 10 or so years after it came out had effected your experience aswell. because everything that once made OoT the best, has now been upgraded on TP or upgraded and done similarily or replicated on countless other games

Even though i disagree because for me despite the cleaner touched up gameplay and graphics on TP, i can still see why and have experienced why i feel OoT is the better game.

HOWEVER please play Windwaker, even if it means not playing OoT for a while, because i really think everything that you are looking for in a Zelda title is in this game. I feel you dont like OoT because everything about that game has been done over and over again bigger but not necessarily better, and you feel like its a slog to get through it. because you feel you have done it before somewhere, possibly in another game which OoT has influenced. A big influence is also because your not connected to it like many other gamers are who first experienced it when it came out. i do agree that you need somewhat some level of nostaglia to truly regard this game as the best ever. i feel OoT is a groundbreaking amazing achievement, but most of this is lost due to unfortunant occurance of never playing it when it first blew away millions.

PLAY WINDWAKER, ITS FRESH, ORIGINAL, THE PERFECT GAME. you will love it, like i am at the moment who is in the same position as you are.

Thankyou and post back mate

I enjoyed reading your post your definitly right.

All right, welcome everybody to the water temple. I passed the Ice cavern, a piece of cake, and here I am.

Funny thing the logic of videogames. Last night I ended up here:

I was tired and didn´t know were to go next so I turned my Wii off and went to bad.

The first funny videogame logic thing I discovered during my first Zelda: Twilight Princess. How come Link is carriyng so much stuff, including the iron boots, but only when he wears it on their feet, he becomes heavier? Why? it doesn´t make sense! Lol. Well, videogames not always make sense. The same happens here in Ocarina of Time.

The other thing is even funnier. How do you blow an Ocarina under water? Apparently you can! It never crossed my mind, but when I checked my guide: that is the next thing to do if you want to move on!!! Double lol!

Well, let's see if can deal with this dungeon without using the guide much.

Wish me luch and patience!

If you need a walkthrough to beat it message me. I douht you will pass it without any problems

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

yanamaster said:
Strange, i started playing OoT a few days ago and right now i'm off to the last temple before fighting Ganondorf( And i would like to add on a ever so light note that it's only a couple days instead of one because i came down with a serious fever of 40 degrees celcius for 2 days). i will admit that some of the temples really made me a bit angry, the difficulty of the puzzles are quite different from what's in TP but as a whole i stand by the oppinion that TP is the better and LONGER game.

OoT just has too little going on inside to make it as good, after i'm done with it i'm going with MM. Here's hoping that this one will leave me with better impressions after so many years since my first playthrough.

Easier combat and bosses, more stiff puzzles that uses one item for one dungeon and then that item is obsolete instead of using several items to make a temple's puzzles interresting, and the fact that no item ever becomes obsolete.

If that's what makes the game better, then I agree with you.

I LOVE ICELAND!

If you start to get into trouble, then swallow your pride and use a guide, though who knows you could find it easy and wonder what all the fuss was about. Either way, Good Luck!