By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - That's it! I have decided to start and finish Ocarina of time!

Water Temple is a bitch and needs a guide for that at least.

Around the Network

good to see your still going Wii_R2_Hardcore, im Matt by the way from Perth in Australia..not the great mighty poo. Water Temple was a weird one for me, i thought it was actually one of the easier temples on the game. Although i did have my bro watch it out with with me and 2 minds are much more helpful than one. Its one of those temples were now that ive done it, i wouldnt be able to go do it again and remember exaclty everything to do, and i feel that i fluked my way through it somehow. good luck though, i think everyone goes on about how difficult it was because they played it when they were about 12 years old when it came out. back then it would be a bit too much for my little brain.
Good luck hope to hear back. Oh and remember Windwakers the game for you!

I found the game to be not that difficult. Never needed a guide to get through it. Maybe the new play help that Miyamoto is planning for NSMB Wii would help all the hardcore gamers finish these hardcore games?

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Why is everyone harping on a guide for the water temple? It wasn't that bad, you'll just spoil the experience by looking at guides.

Wii_R2_Hardcore said:

The other thing is even funnier. How do you blow an Ocarina under water? Apparently you can! It never crossed my mind, but when I checked my guide: that is the next thing to do if you want to move on!!! Double lol!

if its any consolation it does make a 'watery' sound..

Around the Network

How are you doing? Could you finish the Water temple?

Castlevania Judgment FC:     1161 - 3389 - 1512

3DS Friend Code:   3480-2746-6289

Wii Friend Code: 4268-9719-1932-3069

Ok, I am reviving this thread. My final post is coming soon, but this one is not it. I just have a statement for everybody who followed this thread to discuss:

Zelda games are great and Ocarina of time was the more groundbreaking and revolutionary of them all, but is not the greatest game ever, anymore. Maybe it was the more influencial in videogames history, I could see that, but today there are funnier and better gaming experiences to enjoy. For instance: Zelda Twilight Princess in the Wii is so much better in my opinion.

Edit: maybe I should start a whole new thread to discuss this opinion of mine.

I beat the game without using a guide. Which is why I never found Epona.

Anyway, I agree with you, man. We've come a long way since 1998. Nostalgia clouds a lot of people's views. At the time, nothing could touch Twilight Princess. I still hold it in very high regard for its accomplishments, though. I played it in 2003 and even then, it was the best game I'd ever played. In 2007, not so much.

Probably the best game of all time.

OoT is still up there, although Majora's Mask edges it out in my opinion. Twilight Princess can't hold a candle to either of them. Nintendo made Twilight Princess as sort of a tribute to Ocarina of Time, but failed to make it as engrossing. The wolf mechanic was disappointing, and while a lot of the items were cool, they were underutilized. But my main gripe with Twilight Princess is that while the overworld was huge, and exploring it the first time felt very epic, once you look around, you realize that it is simply empty for the most part. Wind waker had the boring sailing sessions, but atleast there were tons of small islands with cool sidequests to figure out. Thank God they made Epona run faster in TP, or it would have been such a bore. Twilight Princess had a lot of dungeons, but they were just too simple and the puzzles were uninspired. I give it props for some truly epic boss fights though, fighting that dragon in the air temple was amazing.

I really hope Nintendo upends the tea table, as Miyamoto likes to say, for the next installment on Wii. Trying to outshine OoT just doesn't work, you need to make the experience something different, like Majora's Mask and Wind Waker did.

Oh, and I completely disagree with the statement that Ocarina of Time is a game that tries to get you lost, sure you'll be stuck in some of the dungeons for a while before you figure out what is going on (personally I always found the adult forest temple confusing, while water temple seems more confusing than it actually is), but in terms of getting lost as to where to go next when you are running around, Navi gives out hints and reminders that will get you back on track even if you've been spending the last week fishing at the pond or running around backtracking for Skulltulas.