By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need...teh...PS3...rpg :(

NinjaKido said:
Christhor said:
As INinjaKido said:
Seriously I need a good RPG , i'm tired of FPS's/TPS's etc , I want something with an enganging offline story line , something I can play for hours and hours , characters i'll love.

As I said, PERSONA 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm but isn't Personna 4 for the PS2 ?

@Vettman  : I've heard alot of good things about VC but i'm kinda turned off by the turn based gameplay , I won't say no to a turn-based game if it is done excellently well however.

Uh... Yeeeeah, does it really matter? :P

Around the Network
NinjaKido said:

Some one please tell me when i'll be able to get my RPG fix , I haven't played any decent RPG's for a while and I think i'm going cold turkey ... I need an RPG fix NAO !!!.

I want an action rpg like Kingdom Hearts or SO4, any news on any coming to the PS3 ?

Valkyria Chronicles. When you take control of individual characters, it's their turn controlled in real time.  Oh, in fact it's $30 at GameStop this week only.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Yup, Valkyria Chronicles.

EDIT: Oh, and the turn based combat shouldn't be a problem for you. I generally don't like turnbased combat, but Valkyria Chronicles pulls it off really well, it's very fun to play!

NinjaKido said:
Christhor said:
As INinjaKido said:
Seriously I need a good RPG , i'm tired of FPS's/TPS's etc , I want something with an enganging offline story line , something I can play for hours and hours , characters i'll love.

@Vettman  : I've heard alot of good things about VC but i'm kinda turned off by the turn based gameplay , I won't say no to a turn-based game if it is done excellently well however.

Please buy it,  you will not be dissappointed.  It is very much an active battle system, its just that you can only move 1 character at a time though.  With its story and character depth,  you will get attached to it quickly. And the battle style,  its closer to an ARPG with strategy elements than a straight SRPG.

Star Ocean 4 is almost definitely coming to PS3, but there is no announcment or set release date yet.

Around the Network

Valkyria Chronicles is worth getting. There's also Disgaea 3, Tales of Vesperia coming later this year and Star Ocean 4, eventually.

Christhor said:
NinjaKido said:
Christhor said:
As INinjaKido said:

My PS3 doesn't have BC and I got rid of my PS2 a long time ago.

@ Everyone else : i'm convinced , i'm going to have to pick up a copy of VC . i'll have a look at tales of vesperia now and fingers crossed for a PS3 release of Star Ocean.

Anymore upcoming RPG's , anyone heard of Dragon Age ?

Fallout 3
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion
Enchanted Arms
Eternal Sonata
Valkyria Chronicles

Take your pick

i also had doubts with VC, but go rent it at least you will get more than what you need with it, look at my game collection, it has a lot of RPGs and now it has VC, i was also turn of by the turn based gameplay, but try it is not as turn based as it seems, since enemies attack if you approach them and with 15+ enemies near you team that is a loot of firework every time any side starts moving, follow the advise Rent VC play until chapter 10 and if you dont like it by then, its not for you, but at least try it

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

NinjaKido said:
Christhor said:
NinjaKido said:
Christhor said:
As INinjaKido said:

My PS3 doesn't have BC and I got rid of my PS2 a long time ago.

@ Everyone else : i'm convinced , i'm going to have to pick up a copy of VC . i'll have a look at tales of vesperia now and fingers crossed for a PS3 release of Star Ocean.

Anymore upcoming RPG's , anyone heard of Dragon Age ?

Tchh... Just get a new PS2 they're practicly giving them away!