By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need...teh...PS3...rpg :(

Still, just when it gets here I will be yearning for a good RPG to play on my PS3 :D.

Around the Network

Try Valkyria Chronicles!!

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

NinjaKido said:
Seriously I need a good RPG , i'm tired of FPS's/TPS's etc , I want something with an enganging offline story line , something I can play for hours and hours , characters i'll love.

If you were looking for any rpg with those I'd suggest Fallout 3 and Oblivion

but since you said it has to be good RPG those two are out of question :D

Hmm maybe Folklore I've heard it's nice game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PSP RPG FAN CLUB

I was expecting loads of RPG's that i'd never heard of either being on the PS3 already or about to release this year , and to some extent my expectations have been met . But I am still kinda disapointed with the amount of RPG's on the Ps3.

thnx to everyoen who helped though , Valkryia Chronicles is in the post :).

Around the Network
Naum said:
I'm still waiting for the RPG's aswell.
I bought my PS3 for it but so far there is no game that I want
Have several on my 360 but I hate the lound noice it makes, hell my projector doesn't even sound 1/4 as much as my 360.

I'm so happy I waited until the announcements, because my first reaction was also to buy a PS3 simply because I assumed the JRPGs would be on that system.

Btw, you should really install your discs to the 360 harddrive. The insane loud disc reading will completely vanish. I do it for all 360 games. Also reduces loading times significantly and reduces the risk of failure. 

There some good RPGs on ps3. VC, Disgaea 3, Oblivion, Demon soul, Cross Edge coming soon. Folklore is mostly an action adventure game but has some rpg elements and a strong story that one might as well try it.

If you are lucky (like me) and have a ps3 with BC, then there are a crap-load of ps2 RPGs to tie one over as well.

Folklore?! If you like KH2 you'll like that game as well, battle wise, plus the game has amazing visuals, great atmosphere and soundtrack and an amazing story.

I also advice Eternal Sonata and Valkyria Chronicles. Disgaea 3 is full strategy probably not your thing if you're more into the action based RPG's. More a game for the die hard fans as visuals can really be a punch to your face.

And indeed Oblivion as WRPG, lots, lots and lots of side quests plus full action. Many will most likely advice Fallout 3 but I'm not fan of it. I'm no fan of post apocalypse style.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo