By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need...teh...PS3...rpg :(

Tales of Vesperia is the game you are looking for. Check it out

Around the Network

Your not a real RPG fan,also Valk Chrncls is a good game!

It took way to god damn long for somebody to mention Disgaea 3. Seriously.

We'll miss you George.

PSN:Puzzleface

XBL:XpuzzlefaceX

My friends call me Hadoken because I'm down-right fierce

NinjaKido said:
Seriously I need a good RPG , i'm tired of FPS's/TPS's etc , I want something with an enganging offline story line , something I can play for hours and hours , characters i'll love.

Why not see if another console can meet your need, and go for that?  This goes for a PS2, Wii, 360, or whatever else is out there.  There is no rule that says you have to own only one console.

Neptune said:
dude RPG's aren't that good. Why don't you play some fun FPS, Sports, or Racing games?

Excuse me???

4 ≈ One

Around the Network
richardhutnik said:
NinjaKido said:
Seriously I need a good RPG , i'm tired of FPS's/TPS's etc , I want something with an enganging offline story line , something I can play for hours and hours , characters i'll love.

Why not see if another console can meet your need, and go for that?  This goes for a PS2, Wii, 360, or whatever else is out there.  There is no rule that says you have to own only one console.

Not interested in most of the Wii line up,  too much of a cross over between PS3/360 , don't want to buy another PS2 unless it's dirt cheap and I just bought a PSP so i'm not much in console buying mood.

I just feel that the PS3 & PSP combo has prety much fulfiled my hardware needs , RPG's aren't my most valued genre but it's important that they are availble to me.

NinjaKido said:
richardhutnik said:
NinjaKido said:

Not interested in most of the Wii line up,  too much of a cross over between PS3/360 , don't want to buy another PS2 unless it's dirt cheap and I just bought a PSP so i'm not much in console buying mood.

I just feel that the PS3 & PSP combo has prety much fulfiled my hardware needs , RPG's aren't my most valued genre but it's important that they are availble to me.

So, if these are the options, I would say check out what the PSP has to offer and get Val. Chronicles NOW for $30 at your local Gamestop.  I mean NOW as in within the next 24 hours before they are gone.  It is a strategy RPG, but has been rated very high and likely the best turn-based RPG on the PS3 now.

try eternal sonata.

1.Valkyria
2.Disgaea 3
3.Eternal sonata

then vesperia is comming to ps3 soon and white knight.

NinjaKido said:
Christhor said:
As INinjaKido said:

As I said, PERSONA 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm but isn't Personna 4 for the PS2 ?

@Vettman  : I've heard alot of good things about VC but i'm kinda turned off by the turn based gameplay , I won't say no to a turn-based game if it is done excellently well however.

It's done excellently well.

It's only $29.99 @EB/Gamestop right now which is a steal at the price/quality ratio.

ToV is coming this year, Eternal Sonata is alright, Cross Edge is coming, though it might just be 'average'. Hmm, Disgaea 3 is awesome. Last Remnant is supposed to be ported to the PS3 sometime this decade and Versus and FF13 will be out before we die of old age hopefully.

White Knight will be here soon, though it sounds like another 'average' title if all the cirtics are correct.

Person 1: Does Valkyria Chronicles have trophies?
Person 2:  No.
Person 1: Forget it. I'm not buying it.
Person 2: Wait! It's amazing! Unique, charming, drop dead gorgeous... Hello?