By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Need...teh...PS3...rpg :(

Another option would be Folklore, VERY underrated. It leans more towards action/adventure with strong RPG elements in it. You play two separate but intertwining characters, Keats and Ellen. By different means they were summoned to the Irish town of Doolin where they soon discover that they were requested to solve several deaths that happened in the past. They do this by travelling to the Netherwork to communicate with the dead to obtain clues as to what happened in the past.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Around the Network

I'm still waiting for the RPG's aswell.
I bought my PS3 for it but so far there is no game that I want
Have several on my 360 but I hate the lound noice it makes, hell my projector doesn't even sound 1/4 as much as my 360.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Jordahn said:

Another option would be Folklore, VERY underrated. It leans more towards action/adventure with strong RPG elements in it. You play two separate but intertwining characters, Keats and Ellen. By different means they were summoned to the Irish town of Doolin where they soon discover that they were requested to solve several deaths that happened in the past. They do this by travelling to the Netherwork to communicate with the dead to obtain clues as to what happened in the past.

i'll look it up.

@ Chris , I don't have alot of space in my room.

Valkryia Chronicles is a must for any PS3 owner who enjoys RPGs.

NinjaKido said:
Christhor said:
NinjaKido said:
Christhor said:
As INinjaKido said:
Seriously I need a good RPG , i'm tired of FPS's/TPS's etc , I want something with an enganging offline story line , something I can play for hours and hours , characters i'll love.

As I said, PERSONA 4!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmm but isn't Personna 4 for the PS2 ?

@Vettman  : I've heard alot of good things about VC but i'm kinda turned off by the turn based gameplay , I won't say no to a turn-based game if it is done excellently well however.

Uh... Yeeeeah, does it really matter? :P

My PS3 doesn't have BC and I got rid of my PS2 a long time ago.

@ Everyone else : i'm convinced , i'm going to have to pick up a copy of VC . i'll have a look at tales of vesperia now and fingers crossed for a PS3 release of Star Ocean.

Anymore upcoming RPG's , anyone heard of Dragon Age ?

YAY,  you wont regret it man.  Especially since it is only $30 now

Around the Network

The funny thing about Valkyria Chronicles is that its got a shooter type aspect to it.  No, its not a twitch shooter but you have to aim and use cover when fighting enemies.  I agree with most people here, VC is a great gem in the rough, especially at $30 at Gamestop.   If you are uncertain about it though, rent it like I did.  

But the next JRPG supposedly is a game called Cross Edge from NIS America. Looks interesting...

I'm just saying...

NinjaKido said:
V-r0cK said:
Final Fantasy XIII 2010 lol

*looks inside kitchen draw for knife*

noooooo i was jk!!! maybe replay one of your fav classic rpg til the time comes?

NinjaKido said:
Jordahn said:

i'll look it up.

@ Chris , I don't have alot of space in my room.

When you're in the Netherworld, you battle faeries.  Those faeries who's ID (their souls sort of) you capture (by pulling on the Sixaxis) have different abilities to where you can assign and reassigning them on the face buttons to attack other faeries.  The more ID's you absorb, the stronger you and the ID you are usign in battle becomes.  In the town of Doolin is where you speak to people to gain clues and further the story.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

RPGJock said:

The funny thing about Valkyria Chronicles is that its got shooter type aspect to it.  No its a twitch shooter but aim and cover plays a role in fighting enemies.  I agree, VC is a great gem in the rough, especially at $30 at Gamestop.   If you are certain about it, rent it like I did.  

But the next JRPG supposedly is a game called Cross Edge from NIS America. Looks interesting...

I think that's NIS's new PSP game.

V-r0cK said:
NinjaKido said:
V-r0cK said:
Final Fantasy XIII 2010 lol

*looks inside kitchen draw for knife*

noooooo i was jk!!! maybe replay one of your fav classic rpg til the time comes?

lol me too , I bought a PSP so I think i'll grab some RPG's for that too , alot of people have been recomending crisis core.