By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Square Enix Lost Their Mind?

It depends. I am really enjoying Square Enix games of late... Of course, a large number of them are remakes, though I have only bought DS and PS2 and Square Enix games over the past 5-10 years.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Not a day goes by without someone going waaah waaah about squeenix.

Well, what can I say. Suck it and get a DS, a PSP, and a 360 if you want Square-Enix games.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Riachu said:
Rei said:

I am not even going to bother getting into this discussion as we have it every week with the exact same comments from the exact same people.

I'd just like to ask how Star Ocean 2, Radiata Stories and SaGa games "pushed the genre forward".

SO2 was the first JRPG(in the West) to have item creation, two choices of protagonists, multiple endings, and Private Actions all in one games

I havent played the game but I am quiet sure it wasnt the first to introduce item creation and the choice of protagonist. And multiple endings, eh, even if it was the 1st jRPG to feature that can we really call that innovative? Multiple endings exist since .. since long ago.

That's not the point anyway. Hiphopgamer implies that they used to make innovative games and now suddenly stopped with IU, TLR and SO4. That's bullshit. And I'd argue that TLR is more innovative than anything SaGa team made before.

NO square enix didn't lose their mind. I stole it.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Well, before I agree, I must say, I thought that Final Fantasy X-2 was a blast. Actually, I liked it more than X, IX, VIII, and actually, most of the other FFs (excluding VII and maybe III and V). Plus, it sold over 5 million worldwide, which means I can't be the only one.

That being said, yes, Square Enix has been slacking lately. I blame all of the ports. And I guess also their lame attempts at creating spin offs. Plus I think FF XI was a big mistake. It should have just been called FF Online, but I guess that is a different arguement. But yeah, they have really fallen from their SNES-PS era greatness.

Around the Network

Nah, SaGa games are definitely more innovative, though I guess you can say it happens over time and not all mashed into one game.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Rei said:
Riachu said:
Rei said:

I am not even going to bother getting into this discussion as we have it every week with the exact same comments from the exact same people.

I'd just like to ask how Star Ocean 2, Radiata Stories and SaGa games "pushed the genre forward".

SO2 was the first JRPG(in the West) to have item creation, two choices of protagonists, multiple endings, and Private Actions all in one games

I havent played the game but I am quiet sure it wasnt the first to introduce item creation and the choice of protagonist. And multiple endings, eh, even if it was the 1st jRPG to feature that can we really call that innovative? Multiple endings exist since .. since long ago.

That's not the point anyway. Hiphopgamer implies that they used to make innovative games and now suddenly stopped with IU, TLR and SO4. That's bullshit. And I'd argue that TLR is more innovative than anything SaGa team made before.

It's just all part of the global "waah they aren't making games for my console" meltdown. Nintendo fans took a generation and a half to forget a grudge, so god knows how long this one will last.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Bitmap Frogs said:
Not a day goes by without someone going waaah waaah about squeenix.

Well, what can I say. Suck it and get a DS, a PSP, and a 360 if you want Square-Enix games.

But that doesn't make the 360 SquareEnix's games any better.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

ClaudeLv250 said:
Nah, SaGa games are definitely more innovative, though I guess you can say it happens over time and not all mashed into one game.

Unlimited SaGa in particular was very innovative even though the game is one of, if not THE, worst games Squaresoft or Square-Enix ever released.

idk, Im new to RPG's and Im enjoying S-E's Wii and DS offerings