By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Square Enix Lost Their Mind?

You should link the source of this article so people don't get confused that this is an original piece by you. Once you link the article, people will realize that this was written by the HipHopGamer. Then you will see many posts such as mine, that point out the HipHopGamer is an idiot. Then the thread will die.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

http://www.hiphopgamershow.com/?p=6496

Rei said:

I am not even going to bother getting into this discussion as we have it every week with the exact same comments from the exact same people.

I'd just like to ask how Star Ocean 2, Radiata Stories and SaGa games "pushed the genre forward".

Me too

Ugh, can the mods make it a bannable offense to source anything from HipHopGamer?

Has Square Enix lost their mind?
Better question, have posters lost their short term memory. Every single day it seems people make these posts. We get it, people are disappointed.

Around the Network
Riachu said:
Rei said:

I am not even going to bother getting into this discussion as we have it every week with the exact same comments from the exact same people.

I'd just like to ask how Star Ocean 2, Radiata Stories and SaGa games "pushed the genre forward".

SO2 was the first JRPG(in the West) to have item creation, two choices of protagonists, multiple endings, and Private Actions all in one games

Was SO2 that good?

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Riachu said:
Rei said:

SO2 was the first JRPG(in the West) to have item creation, two choices of protagonists, multiple endings, and Private Actions all in one games

Was SO2 that good?

I wasn't saying it was good since I can't give a fair opinion of the game as I only played the first couple of hours of it.  I was just trying to convince Rei that SO2 was innovative when it originally came out.  Atleast it was for us who didn't get SO1 until last year.

Darc Requiem said:
Ugh, can the mods make it a bannable offense to source anything from HipHopGamer?

I know Hip hop gamer is pretty shitty but do we honestly have to act like a bunch of man babies (neogaf example) just because we don't agree with the site?

Dinomax said:
Darc Requiem said:

I know Hip hop gamer is pretty shitty but do we honestly have to act like a bunch of man babies (neogaf example) just because we don't agree with the site?

Can I second this?  Sites like neogaf banning people for mentioning certain sites is simply ridiculous, draconian behaviour.  It's also pretty childish.

Sure HipHopGamer isn't the first place I'd go to get opinions, but to react with automatic locks and/or bans every time its mentioned would be silly.

If the site's content is really that awful what's the threat exactly?

I for one would advocate not stooping as other sites have to such outlandish moderation of views.

Try to be reasonable... its easier than you think...

Rei said:

Radiata Stories has also been one of the few jRPGs to give the sense of a living and breathing world full of people.  Some random NPC off the street in Radiata has more personality than 90% of most other jRPGs' casts.