By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Has Square Enix Lost Their Mind?

It will all be forgotten if they reamke Bushido Blade

Around the Network
Jordahn said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Not a day goes by without someone going waaah waaah about squeenix.

Well, what can I say. Suck it and get a DS, a PSP, and a 360 if you want Square-Enix games.

But that doesn't make the 360 SquareEnix's games any better.

Have you even played those?

Why just mention the 360. As the OP is written, the same could be said about DS and PSP SquareEnix games.

Troll!

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Final Fantasy X is one of the best? Since when? Old school gamers would argue that the games go in this order FF6, FF4, FF7

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Bitmap Frogs said:
Jordahn said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Well, what can I say. Suck it and get a DS, a PSP, and a 360 if you want Square-Enix games.

But that doesn't make the 360 SquareEnix's games any better.

Why just mention the 360. As the OP is written, the same could be said about DS and PSP SquareEnix games.

Troll!

I only mentioned the 360 because on the DS and PSP, SquareEnix have better offerings on the handhelds from what I've expereinced and read.  Like for instance, the have the first two Final Fantasy remakes, FFT, and FFVII Crisis Core on the PSP.  Good Stuff.  You also have FFIII, FFT, and some of the Dragon Warrior remakes on the DS.  More good stuff, all good staples.  And what I've experienced on the 360 it's mostly mediocricy.  Lost Odyssey was great and Blue Dragon was very enjoyable, but it wasn't SquareEnix.  As a JRPG fan, I don't mind mediocricy from time to time in a mist of quality because some games are going to be mediocricy which are made up by the quality titles in a genre.  But in the case of the 360... (shakes head).   Whether you agree with me or not, I presented a valid point of view.  Too bad you had to resort to "Troll."  Examine your own heart before you judge others.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Jordahn said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Troll!

I only mentioned the 360 because on the DS and PSP, SquareEnix have better offerings on the handhelds from what I've expereinced and read.  Like for instance, the have the first two Final Fantasy remakes, FFT, and FFVII Crisis Core on the PSP.  Good Stuff.  You also have FFIII, FFT, and some of the Dragon Warrior remakes on the DS.  More good stuff, all good staples.  And what I've experienced on the 360 it's mostly mediocricy.  Lost Odyssey was great and Blue Dragon was very enjoyable, but it wasn't SquareEnix.  As a JRPG fan, I don't mind mediocricy from time to time in a mist of quality because some games are going to be mediocricy which are made up by the quality titles in a genre.  But in the case of the 360... (shakes head).   Whether you agree with me or not, I presented a valid point of view.  Too bad you had to resort to "Troll."  Examine your own heart before you judge others.

You are trolling because within the context of this discussion (the quality of Squeenix's recent output) you ignored the platforms where they have the most games and singled out the 360 with the intent purpose to troll. 

Have not they put out mediocre games on the DS? Have not they put out mediocre games on the PSP?

I mean, we are talking about the quality of their games. They probably have 20 or 30 + games between the DS and the PSP and only 4 on the 360. You can try to twist out a way to justify your bias, but it's quite blindsiding oneself to ignore 90% of a publisher output when judging the quality of its games.

Which is the reason why you ignored it.

Because you were trolling.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Around the Network

First of all, Final Fantasy XI and Final Fantasy X-2 were before the merger...

Now, i agree that Square and Enix > Square Enix, but it's not that bad, for me Kingdom Hearts 2, The World Ends with You, Crisis Core, Dissidia, and another games have been great... Final Fantasy XII is not all that and a bag of chips but it's a good JRPG, and the problem with The Last Remnant is on the 360, not on the PC, and i don't know if those problems will be on the PS3 "vaporware" version XD XD...

Bitmap Frogs said:
Jordahn said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Troll!

You are trolling because within the context of this discussion (the quality of Squeenix's recent output) you ignored the platforms where they have the most games and singled out the 360 with the intent purpose to troll. 

Have not they put out mediocre games on the DS? Have not they put out mediocre games on the PSP?

I mean, we are talking about the quality of their games. They probably have 20 or 30 + games between the DS and the PSP and only 4 on the 360. You can try to twist out a way to justify your bias, but it's quite blindsiding oneself to ignore 90% of a publisher output when judging the quality of its games.

"waaah waaah"

(your own words...)

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

Square Enix has moved from game play to game tales. This occurred at FF7. Not that FF7 was a bad game, but it was a noticeable shift in design direction. It wasn't so much the merger of Square and Enix, but that the cost to produce cinematic game play was increasing more exponentially than the companies income. So rather than focus cut back their is more focus to sell you on story. Their are of course some times where certain elements of the game are better than others.

FF7 was well balanced since PS1 starting the shift, FF8 had a horrendous core game, FF9 was a tribute to the older style that wasn't appreciated, FF10 hit a good cord with many, FF11 was limited to online(why?), FF12 was trying something new, but many didn't like the political real type story.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Bitmap Frogs said:

Did you even read the article?

Even Lost Odyssey felt more like an old-school classic Squaresoft/Enix game than the stuff Square Enix has produced the past couple of years.

Yup, they are complaining because SE is only releasing games on those platforms.  Actually, no they're not.  They're complaining about the qulity of SE's offerings across all platforms.

I disagree with the article in many ways, however.  FFXII isn't bad by any means.  It's just different.  As for Tri-Ace, they've always been pretty average in my opinion.  I will agree that the Last Remnant seems to be a pretty bad game, however.

Jordahn said:
Bitmap Frogs said:
Jordahn said:
Bitmap Frogs said:

Troll!

"waaah waaah"

(your own words...)

You should probably take a look at your own sig more oftenly, if thats your only response.

Sounds like the article writer is just grumpy pants that Sony isn't getting any PS3 games from S-E.

Seriously, FFX the best FF and JRPG ever? No chance, it might be top 3 in FF, but barely top 5 for all JRPG's.

I agree the quality has dropped off a bit post 10, and X-2 to XII is the worst run though.

I think its funny he/she didn't mention the DS at all, given that S-E contributions on the DS are pushing the genre and gaming forward (TWEWY among other games).

Given that one of the issues with the games released on 360 was they lacked polish (highly likely due to them being pushed out too early) why is this person complaining about the PS3 not getting games? We've got 13 and VS 13 announced, so they are clearly on the way, why rush things? It's not like rushing those out and getting them on to the ps3 before they are ready would help the drop in quality situation (which is why I think this article is a joke and this guy's just a angry PS3 fanboy).