By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has made the greatest contribution to games this decade and why?

From a console technolgy standpoint, it would be Sony.  (Cell, Blu-ray, complete media hub, handheld to console interaction)

From a online technology standpoint, it would be MS (so far). (XBL)

From a population reach standpoint, it would be Nintendo. (sold more to old people, kids, etc.)  I can't say the balance board because it was out before as a Jackie Chan product.  The motion controls have been done before and the PS3 came to market with it first.

Around the Network

Gabe Newell

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Me, Iv bought so many

Nintendo overall, but as much as I don't like Sony as a company, I think sony has done a lot as well.

If you mean person, Miyamoto
If you mean company, then Nintendo

Around the Network

It's actually more difficult to decide than I thought it would be.

The Playstation 2 cemented the brand name AS video games for many years.
Microsoft transformed the landscape into this heavily-online-connected focus we have now.
Nintendo... well, I hope I don't need to explain how they've affected the industry.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

The first half is the PS2 and the second half is Nintendo

and BTW what the hell did Sega do in the last 9 years aside from droping the Dreamcast and Milking Sonic besides some good games (Total War comes to mind which is great) but by far not a MAJOR contribution

TheThunder said:

and BTW what the hell did Sega do in the last 9 years aside from droping the Dreamcast and Milking Sonic besides some good games (Total War comes to mind which is great) but by far not a MAJOR contribution

Online gaming. I hear it's popular nowadays.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Sony..............they made games more mature

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Onyxmeth said:
TheThunder said:

Online gaming. I hear it's popular nowadays.

hmmm PCs had online and I know you know that but I'm sorry in no way shape or form Online gaming was mianstreem on consoles before Xbox Live and HALO 2 for the most part and when it came to this gen it really took off that's why FPS sales are sky rocketing this gen