By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who has made the greatest contribution to games this decade and why?

Just wondering what you think...

Around the Network

Obviously Nintendo.

Wii/PC/DS Lite/PSP-2000 owner, shameless Nintendo and AMD fanboy.

My comp, as shown to the right (click for fullsize pic)

CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T @ 3.2 GHz
Video Card: XFX 1 GB Radeon HD 5870
Memory: 8 GB A-Data DDR3-1600
Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD Pro/USB3
Primary Storage: OCZ Vertex 120 GB
Case: Cooler Master HAF-932
Extra Storage: WD Caviar Black 640 GB,
WD Caviar Black 750 GB, WD Caviar Black 1 TB
Display: Triple ASUS 25.5" 1920x1200 monitors
Sound: HT Omega Striker 7.1 sound card,
Logitech X-540 5.1 speakers
Input: Logitech G5 mouse,
Microsoft Comfort Curve 2000 keyboard
Wii Friend Code: 2772 8804 2626 5138 Steam: jefforange89

Live by MS

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Sega or Nintendo. It's hard to choose between the two. Looking at the impact, it may just have to go to Nintendo though.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

To each his own, I would have to say MS but thats only cause i haven't really played any PS3 games at all, games-wise Nintendo doesn't have a shot in hell.

Around the Network

Microsoft I guess, without them online gaming wouldn't be as big - or maybe even non-existant

Owner of 360

Future owner of a PS3 (when it drops to $300)

Touch screen gaming + motion control + Balance Board+ Casual gaming > Live + hd graphics > hd graphics+Sixaxis...

Nintendo has really revolutionized gaming. SmokedHostage has had great impact too o.o

Being a Nintendo fan, and having been one since I was a little kid I instictively think Nintendo. They created a new control mechanism that truly works in the DS, then they did it again with the Wiimote. No other game company innovates like Nintendo.

That said, I also have to say that what Microsoft has done with Live deserves alot of credit as well. It's easily the most professional and well organised setup I've used. They have had major hardware issues but they also have been taking care of those issues free of charge to the customers. While it's a nuisance at least it's not a 3 day out of warranty DRE like the PS2 suffered.

Nintendo... reaching out to a wider audience...