By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony: "DSi ignores significant gamer groups, is only for kids"

@BladeOfGod: Yes you do have a lot use for companies financial success. If there's a company whose games you want to play, you better hope they have financial success, since it's the only way you can keep getting the games from the company you like.
That's also the reason why people here call companies, that ignore Wii or put out random shovelware on it and put out expensive PS360 project that have little chance on turning profit, out on stupidity, since these people want to see those companies keep making games in the future.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
Kenology said:
BladeOfGod said:
Kenology said:

BladeOfGod said:
marktheshark275 said:
BladeOfGod said:
tuoyo said:
Oh boy what is a good word to describe people who never learn? Idiots? Mental? Delusional?

I would have thought that given the results of DS v PSP and Wii v PS3 Sony would have taken enough humble pie and just shut up about Nintendo rather than continuing to make themselves look stupid. This is quite similar to what they said before the release of DS.

DS v PSP and Wii v PS3 doesn't have to be about sales. PS3 and PSP are both much more powerfull than DS and Wii, have better graphics, multimedia, better online, more features...

True, but what good is that when the DS has a much bigger amount of quality games than the PSP? 3rd party support between Wii & PS3 MIGHT be debatable in that they don't have really much to offer in terms of good 3rd party exclusives. I know about the Wii having tons of shovelware, but a lot of that shovelware originally came from PS2.

PSP ia about to get lots of great exclusives, like Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, Resistance, Patapon 2... Sony admited they didnt focused on PSP lately.

And PS3 got Resistance FOM, Resistance 2, MGS and Yakuza 3 as good 3d party exclusives.

I dont know why is everybody comparing sales here. Sony never said anything about DS sales. Yes, we all know DS already have those games, but we all know PSP version will look at least 10 times better.

bWe're comparing sales because:

1). This is VGChartz

2). "Good games depend entirely upon personal preference. What might be a good game to you might not be a good game to me, and vice versa. In such a subjective realm, only financial success can be a truly objective measure of who is better." - Mr. Storm, a poster at Kotaku

3). We know you don't want to use sales as a metric for success only because Sony is losing!

1. This isn't Sales Discussion

2.LOL of the week. God Of War and Madworld are both GREAT games, but they didn't sold very well.Does that means Wii sports in better than those 2 games? NO! And i have no use of financial success of one company unless i work for them.

3. Yea, just like you don't wanna use an actual console/hardware as metric for success because Nintendo is losing

1. But it is.  Hence Sony's bitterness.

2. That's not what I'm saying all.  I like MadWorld much better than Wii Sports.  But an unbundled Wii Sports sold way more than MadWorld ever will.  Therefore, it's safe to say that more people are interested in paying for and playing Wii Sports than MadWorld. 

3.  Using hardware as a metric, the PS3 is far more powerful than the Wii.  The PSP is more powerful than the DS.  It's a fact, everyone knows this - but no one cares!  More people want the weaker Wii and DS than the all-mighty PS3 and PSP - and we know this because the SALES say so!

Wii sports is selling better than Madworld because it has the word ''Wii'' in its name, so uninformed people know what that is and will probably buy it, but those people don't know what Madworld is.

And the research in Japan have shown that Japanese gamers are more satisfied with the Sony consoles than with Nintendo consoles. so people DO care about graphics and hardware. But lots of Ds/Wii owners are seniors who don't even know what ''graphics'' means, so they just buy the system who has less hardcore games and more kiddie and casual games and kids who probably want PS3 or PSP but daddy says no because of the high price. One guy wanted to trade his DS for my PSP in my school.

And like i said before: I would rather have system with more features and better graphics than system which is selling good.

bdbdbd said:
@BladeOfGod: Yes you do have a lot use for companies financial success. If there's a company whose games you want to play, you better hope they have financial success, since it's the only way you can keep getting the games from the company you like.
That's also the reason why people here call companies, that ignore Wii or put out random shovelware on it and put out expensive PS360 project that have little chance on turning profit, out on stupidity, since these people want to see those companies keep making games in the future.

Well, Sony is not doing so great lately, but they are still making some great games for their customers unlike Nintendo which is doing great lately but didn't launched anything in last couple of months.

dahuman said:
High paying job for saying random stupid non sense ftw, I want his job!

if you were to choose his job or Patcher's, which one would you pick?

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

BladeOfGod said:
Kenology said:
BladeOfGod said:
Kenology said:

BladeOfGod said:
marktheshark275 said:
BladeOfGod said:
tuoyo said:
Oh boy what is a good word to describe people who never learn? Idiots? Mental? Delusional?

I would have thought that given the results of DS v PSP and Wii v PS3 Sony would have taken enough humble pie and just shut up about Nintendo rather than continuing to make themselves look stupid. This is quite similar to what they said before the release of DS.

DS v PSP and Wii v PS3 doesn't have to be about sales. PS3 and PSP are both much more powerfull than DS and Wii, have better graphics, multimedia, better online, more features...

True, but what good is that when the DS has a much bigger amount of quality games than the PSP? 3rd party support between Wii & PS3 MIGHT be debatable in that they don't have really much to offer in terms of good 3rd party exclusives. I know about the Wii having tons of shovelware, but a lot of that shovelware originally came from PS2.

PSP ia about to get lots of great exclusives, like Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, Resistance, Patapon 2... Sony admited they didnt focused on PSP lately.

And PS3 got Resistance FOM, Resistance 2, MGS and Yakuza 3 as good 3d party exclusives.

I dont know why is everybody comparing sales here. Sony never said anything about DS sales. Yes, we all know DS already have those games, but we all know PSP version will look at least 10 times better.

bWe're comparing sales because:

1). This is VGChartz

2). "Good games depend entirely upon personal preference. What might be a good game to you might not be a good game to me, and vice versa. In such a subjective realm, only financial success can be a truly objective measure of who is better." - Mr. Storm, a poster at Kotaku

3). We know you don't want to use sales as a metric for success only because Sony is losing!

1. This isn't Sales Discussion

2.LOL of the week. God Of War and Madworld are both GREAT games, but they didn't sold very well.Does that means Wii sports in better than those 2 games? NO! And i have no use of financial success of one company unless i work for them.

3. Yea, just like you don't wanna use an actual console/hardware as metric for success because Nintendo is losing

1. But it is.  Hence Sony's bitterness.

2. That's not what I'm saying all.  I like MadWorld much better than Wii Sports.  But an unbundled Wii Sports sold way more than MadWorld ever will.  Therefore, it's safe to say that more people are interested in paying for and playing Wii Sports than MadWorld. 

3.  Using hardware as a metric, the PS3 is far more powerful than the Wii.  The PSP is more powerful than the DS.  It's a fact, everyone knows this - but no one cares!  More people want the weaker Wii and DS than the all-mighty PS3 and PSP - and we know this because the SALES say so!

Wii sports is selling better than Madworld because it has the word ''Wii'' in its name, so uninformed people know what that is and will probably buy it, but those people don't know what Madworld is.

And the research in Japan have shown that Japanese gamers are more satisfied with the Sony consoles than with Nintendo consoles. so people DO care about graphics and hardware. But lots of Ds/Wii owners are seniors who don't even know what ''graphics'' means, so they just buy the system who has less hardcore games and more kiddie and casual games and kids who probably want PS3 or PSP but daddy says no because of the high price. One guy wanted to trade his DS for my PSP in my school.

And like i said before: I would rather have system with more features and better graphics than system which is selling good.

In the same survey, Japanese gamers are most satisfied with Xbox 360. So 360 must have better graphics and more powerful than PS3.

That's a great example!

MikeB predicts that the PS3 will sell about 140 million units by the end of 2016 and triple the amount of 360s in the long run.

Around the Network

@BladeOfGod: Ohh... You are giving me a headache. And this isn't even the first time.

And why do you think people think Wii is a name worth buying? It has something to do with what Wii stands for. The name value doesn't come out from nowhere. Since Wii wasn't an existing brand, it has formed its brand with its software.

And how long do you think Sony can keep going if they keep posting losses? The reason Sony keeps supporting its gaming ventures is because it believes it still can make money in the business.
Considering Nintendo has put out DSi, some DS software, is currently working on a number of games, i really don't see your point.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

@BladeOfGod: Oh, i forgot. The survey shows first and foremost that Nintendo have reached broader audience.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

i wouldn't argue that maybe nintendo's DS demographic is children. software says it all and backs up this theory. so many sales are probably based on brothers and sisters not wanting to share their DS with their siblings. DSi is probably still going to be real fun though. cant knock it.

@Zeethr: Except that the "Training" games along with few other similar titles that are targeted specifically towards mature audience are big sellers on the DS, when PSP completely lacks the kind of titles.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

NeoGohan said:

SCEA director of hardware marketing John Koller

trying to deceive consumers is part of his job