By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony: "DSi ignores significant gamer groups, is only for kids"

If Nintendo is really committed to reaching a broader, more diverse audience of gamers beyond the “kids” market that they’ve always engaged, there isn’t much new with the DSi to support that. Significant gamer demographic groups are being ignored, and there continues to be limited opportunities for games from external publishers to do well on the DSi. Compare that with the PSP platform, where we have many blockbuster franchises from our publishing partners launching this year, representing a wide variety of genres and targeting diverse demographics. Games such as Rock Band Unplugged from MTV Games, Assassin’s Creed from Ubisoft, Dissidia Final Fantasy from Square Enix, and Hannah Montana from Disney demonstrate the commitment that publishers have to the PSP. From our own first-party studios, we’re launching unique versions of LittleBigPlanet and MotorStorm, and we’re also planning a steady stream of downloadable games — both new titles and PSone classics — to add to the content that PSP owners can already purchase wirelessly through PlayStation Store.
SCEA director of hardware marketing John Koller

UUhmmm What??

Around the Network

Link?

Anyway:

Oh god John. Don't be such an idiotic tool. DS is whupping PSPs ass.

well yea i dont c an adult wanting it.. but i havent looked into it. isnt it just like a larger screen and a camera added on ? kids will want it cause they are dumb with money

DMeisterJ said:
Link?

Anyway:

Oh god John. Don't be such an idiotic tool. DS is whupping PSPs ass.

http://www.engadget.com/2009/04/04/sony-says-the-dsi-is-for-kids-the-psp-is-for-winners/

Only for kids... didn't they already say that about the original DS ?

Around the Network
Gearbox said:
well yea i dont c an adult wanting it.. but i havent looked into it. isnt it just like a larger screen and a camera added on ? kids will want it cause they are dumb with money

You best be joking.

Pixel Art can be fun.

axumblade said:
I love Sony. I hate their PR. Aren't those the same kids Sony are trying to get by putting out the Petz games and the Hannah Montana psp bundle.

That was my first thought as well. Just a week or two ago, I remember reading an interview where Sony Guy Whose Name I Can't Remember was talking about shifting the target demographic of the PSP downward with Hannah Montana, etc. Seems like Sony PR is always doin it rong.

psp ftw

You should be beaten, burned to ashes then someone should throw your ashes from a plane

SmokedHostage said:
Gearbox said:

You best be joking.

No he is being “mature” as he always is :P

@Gearbox have you asked for a job at Sony? I’m sure they will give you a position as they love people like you ;)

OT: well this is Sony we are talking about so I am not surprised, they might even think the PSP has sold more than the DS it has a “broader” demographic after all =))))))))

=P

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

I think Sony needs to stop talking shit and live up to the things they say...
Psp sucks and it's a sad(but smart I guess) attempt for them to steal handheld market. They really thought that all they would need is some nice looking gfx. Same goes for the ps3... They suck for thinking that :)