By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony: "DSi ignores significant gamer groups, is only for kids"

puffy said:
BladeOfGod said:
bdbdbd said:
@BladeOfGod: It's rather irrelevant whether how long do you think Sony keeps posting losses, the question is, how long Sony will stay in the industry if all they do is post losses? No, they won't stay for two years. If they see only losses in the future, they exit the market ASAP.
The games they are putting out is completely irrelevant in this matter.

Now wait, you are only making a circle with your claims. When you say Wii Sports is selling because of the name Wii in it, you are claiming that Wii is a brand that established itself before Wii Sports. The claim isn't logical, since Wii Sports is maybe the biggest single factor in building the Wii brand. If your claim had been that Wii is selling because of Wii Sports, you'd have made some kind of logical statement.

You didn't comment the relation of userbase and customer satisfaction.

I think Sony wont be posting any losses for a long time now and they are pretty big company so they will stay in video game buissnes for at least 1 more generation.  They are the type of companies who learn on thier mistakes.

And no, i sad Wii sports is selling BECAUSE OF THE WII, not the other way around

Exactly.. A lot of people bought Wii for Wii Sports.. I mean it's the same as people bringing home Wii Fir and being disappointed to find out it doesn't work without having the console to go along with it as well (rare but some people just don't listen or don't understand what they see or hear)..

Wii Music is the only Wii series game that I'd say sold a fair few copies only because it's a Wii Series title, all others were sold because people wanted them and the Wii sells due to it being needed to play those games.

Please make sure read carefully before posting.

About Sony.. If that rumoured PSP2 does indeed come out this year it will determine whether Sony stays or leaves the hardware side of the industry.. I'd expect them to move their development to 360 for the games that are in development just to get their money back on them and then they'll probably be gone. If PSP2 does well then expect Sony to go full steam ahead with PS4 plans

so you are saying that because of Wii sports Wii is selling so good? You don't mind the fact that most of Wii owners get sick of wii sports after 1 month of playing??

Around the Network
BladeOfGod said:

so you are saying that because of Wii sports Wii is selling so good? You don't mind the fact that most of Wii owners get sick of wii sports after 1 month of playing??

Even so, the people who buy it for Wii Sports still bought it before getting tired of it.

"After you win, son, I feel like going for a ride on your bike, haha." ~Doc Louis (Punch Out Wii)