By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Sony: "DSi ignores significant gamer groups, is only for kids"

Gearbox said:
Roma said:
Gearbox said:
Roflinator said:
Gearbox said:
SmokedHostage said:
Gearbox said:
well yea i dont c an adult wanting it.. but i havent looked into it. isnt it just like a larger screen and a camera added on ? kids will want it cause they are dumb with money

You best be joking.

? i mean it like they have reach saturation point with the ds, and many adults wont buy a dsi if they own a ds. 
"but i havent looked into it." what i ment witht his was i dont really no what is added into the dsi aside for a camera

DSiWare, it's going to have apps and downloadable games. And hopefully it'll have a "Virtual Console" (game boy and game boy color games please)

that sounds pretty cool, so its exclusive to dsi? hummm... ive always been debating geting a ds, (for zelda only so far tho, nothing else makes me want it so far)

aww the kid wants a DS :)))))

:P

hey look i was going to say at the end (but it seems kiddy to me) but that would start something... so i decided to hold my tongue. the ds sounds cool sure but yes it does seem for little kids. look at its top selling games for instance...

Super Mario Brothers and Mariokart DS are in the DS' top 5....

and Pokemon which a lot of non kids play.

I mean the only "kids" game on top would be nintendogz i guess.  Not sure who really does buy that.

Around the Network

yeah we all know DSi is bad and has no games unlike DSlite and DSclassic;)

BladeOfGod said:
marktheshark275 said:
BladeOfGod said:
tuoyo said:
Oh boy what is a good word to describe people who never learn? Idiots? Mental? Delusional?

I would have thought that given the results of DS v PSP and Wii v PS3 Sony would have taken enough humble pie and just shut up about Nintendo rather than continuing to make themselves look stupid. This is quite similar to what they said before the release of DS.

DS v PSP and Wii v PS3 doesn't have to be about sales. PS3 and PSP are both much more powerfull than DS and Wii, have better graphics, multimedia, better online, more features...

True, but what good is that when the DS has a much bigger amount of quality games than the PSP? 3rd party support between Wii & PS3 MIGHT be debatable in that they don't have really much to offer in terms of good 3rd party exclusives. I know about the Wii having tons of shovelware, but a lot of that shovelware originally came from PS2.

PSP ia about to get lots of great exclusives, like Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, Resistance, Patapon 2... Sony admited they didnt focused on PSP lately.

And PS3 got Resistance FOM, Resistance 2, MGS and Yakuza 3 as good 3d party exclusives.

I dont know why is everybody comparing sales here. Sony never said anything about DS sales. Yes, we all know DS already have those games, but we all know PSP version will look at least 10 times better.

reistance is a 2nd party/first party exclusive. insomniac is pratically owned by sony. 

Gearbox said:
BladeOfGod said:
marktheshark275 said:
BladeOfGod said:
tuoyo said:
Oh boy what is a good word to describe people who never learn? Idiots? Mental? Delusional?

I would have thought that given the results of DS v PSP and Wii v PS3 Sony would have taken enough humble pie and just shut up about Nintendo rather than continuing to make themselves look stupid. This is quite similar to what they said before the release of DS.

DS v PSP and Wii v PS3 doesn't have to be about sales. PS3 and PSP are both much more powerfull than DS and Wii, have better graphics, multimedia, better online, more features...

True, but what good is that when the DS has a much bigger amount of quality games than the PSP? 3rd party support between Wii & PS3 MIGHT be debatable in that they don't have really much to offer in terms of good 3rd party exclusives. I know about the Wii having tons of shovelware, but a lot of that shovelware originally came from PS2.

PSP ia about to get lots of great exclusives, like Little Big Planet, Motorstorm, Resistance, Patapon 2... Sony admited they didnt focused on PSP lately.

And PS3 got Resistance FOM, Resistance 2, MGS and Yakuza 3 as good 3d party exclusives.

I dont know why is everybody comparing sales here. Sony never said anything about DS sales. Yes, we all know DS already have those games, but we all know PSP version will look at least 10 times better.

reistance is a 2nd party/first party exclusive. insomniac is pratically owned by sony. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insomniac_Games

Insomniac Games, Inc. is an independent American video game developer founded in 1994 that has released titles for the PlayStation, PlayStation 2, and PlayStation 3 video game consoles.

Poor Sony.

Around the Network

I can't believe they are still saying that after 5 years.

BladeOfGod said:
tuoyo said:

Wow! So much delusion here! That's too hilarous! LOL

Sony wishes it was only for kids, that way all the adults who play it might be buying a PSP, putting Sony in the lead. Unfortunately for them that isn't the case.

Can't people leave the ds alone. it didn't do anything to you.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

atma998 said:
BladeOfGod said:
tuoyo said:

Wow! So much delusion here! That's too hilarous! LOL

Well no, in fariness to BladeOfGod nothing he said was factually incorrect...

It's just proving to be completely irrelevant to most of us.