By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MEGATON -- Famitsu REVEALS Final Fantasy VII for PS3 in NEW Issue!

Famitsu reveals Final Fantasy VII for PS3
Posted on April 1, 2009 by Nick

Ever since Square showed off the Final Fantasy VII tech demo at E3 4 years ago, PlayStation hopefuls have been clamoring for a remake of the iconic role-playing game.  Final Fantasy hopefuls rejoice, it seems like your prayers may have just been answered.  The table of contents in the latest issue of Famitsu magazine shows Final Fantasy VII listed under the PS3 section. 

Details are still sketchy at the moment, but posts on 2ch indicate that the game is being made by Square's newly opened studio in the US, though the Japanese branches will be working closely with them.  Yoichi Wada, president of Square Enix, said the decision to reopen the project was driven by the poor worldwide sales of the publisher's recent titles, Star Ocean 4, Infinite Undiscovery, and The Last Remnant, and he felt the company needed a sure fire project that would perform well in every region.

And if that alone wasn't enough, the game was listed under the PS3 section only, which would indicate the game is a PS3 exclusive.  We've contacted Square Enix's US headquarters for an official confirmation.

http://www.ps3center.net/news/2589/famitsu-reveals-final-fantasy-vii-for-ps3/

So the FABLED FF7 Remake FINALLY on its way>?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Posted on April 1?

Yes Darth. Yes it is. Mark this date in your historical calendar. That would be April 1, for those of you keeping score back home.

Eight more hours until this stupid day ends...

how do u know that the scan isn't for the blu-ray movie XD?

OMG!!! I hope so!!!

Around the Network

@blackstar

because I am fluent in Japanese!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Fake as hell

looks fake. Nice photoshop job but they made a mistake. The Font used for Final Fantasy 7 doesnt match any of the other fonts used.

i just hope it stays a PS exclusive but i doubt it

Play Me

goddamit today has been torture!