By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 the dethroner of Halo

leo-j said:
Isnt the ps3 version of the game the best one though?

In short, no. It's supposed to be good but given Epic's track record and the track record of UT on the PC, they're not going to hamstring the PC version for the PS3's sake.

Oh, and SSJ.. If you're including the PC versions with the console version and just comparing total Halo sales vs. total UT3 sales, that changes the entire argument.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

ahhh so its a pc port.

mM
leo-j said:
ahhh so its a pc port.

Not really a "port" because they're developing all three versions at the same time. The 360 version is delayed because of the deal Epic signed with Sony.

But I'm sure Epic is using the PC as the primary development platform. It's the platform they are most comfortable with and it's the traditional platform for the UT series.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

rocketpig said:
leo-j said:
Isnt the ps3 version of the game the best one though?

In short, no. It's supposed to be good but given Epic's track record and the track record of UT on the PC, they're not going to hamstring the PC version for the PS3's sake.

Oh, and SSJ.. If you're including the PC versions with the console version and just comparing total Halo sales vs. total UT3 sales, that changes the entire argument.

Actually the PS3 already has held back the PC version. Mark Rein commented that the 360/PS3 were holding back PC gaming this gen because of their limitations. The PC version will be superior but graphic wise they almost looked identical at Leipsig which clearly shows that the PC version has been limited as the PC is much more graphically capable then the PS3.

It goes like this PC>PS3>360

But I hope Epic don't do cross platform play. It won't be successful in a game like this. Majority of PS3 gamers are going to want nothing to do with that.

Not really a "port" because they're developing all three versions at the same time. The 360 version is delayed because of the deal Epic signed with Sony.

And because of MS policies regarding Mods and mouse/kb support. Epic halted production because of that mostly. Mark Rein has been very open about his frustration with MS regarding the whole matter.