By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 the dethroner of Halo

ssj12 said:

Matters which realm of gaming your talking about, Halo has a horrible professional gamer fan base, because the controls rightly suck ass for the PC versions. Halo 3 to us is a joke basically. Unreal has a massive following between console and PC that dwarfs Halo in a shadow the size of the colossus (pun intended). Halo just isnt that great of a game, frankly its piss poor horrid when compared to Unreal, Counter Strike, Half-Life, Goldeneye 007 on the N64, Gears of War, Battlefield, and most Tom Clancy games. Hell I have more fun playing online blackjack or poker then playing Halo on the Xbox, Xbox 360, or PC.

Epic has the advantage because they boosted their console fanbase with Gears of War so its almost a curtain that Xbox fans will see that UT3 is on the PS3, supports mod, cross-platform player with PC, and supports mouse and keyboard will buy a PS3 for the game over a new PC like me that will be able to run it on the ultra settings.

Plus Unreal has always been on the same base as Halo has with it's reviews. This time around it has more then enough to top even BioShock's high as hell reviews

Are you serious or just trolling? , UT3 is coming for 360 too so theres no need to buy an another console for that game . And no Unreal game have ever sold that well to have a such a big userbase , they sell about 1 million copies each which is nowhere near Halo 2's 8 million copies sold . The reviews also put the Halo games over most fps:es out there , just check gamerankings

Around the Network

Halo 3 will sell more copies than the current WW PS3 userbase so I don't see how it's possible.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

I don't understand the need for people to defend themselves from the hype Halo gets. You don't need to play it, alot of people probably will never play it. But some love it. Does the hype and everything scare people or offend people? I don't get it. You can't convince Halo fans not to get it by proclaiming this or that game is a "Halo killer".

demonclaw said:
ssj12 said:

Matters which realm of gaming your talking about, Halo has a horrible professional gamer fan base, because the controls rightly suck ass for the PC versions. Halo 3 to us is a joke basically. Unreal has a massive following between console and PC that dwarfs Halo in a shadow the size of the colossus (pun intended). Halo just isnt that great of a game, frankly its piss poor horrid when compared to Unreal, Counter Strike, Half-Life, Goldeneye 007 on the N64, Gears of War, Battlefield, and most Tom Clancy games. Hell I have more fun playing online blackjack or poker then playing Halo on the Xbox, Xbox 360, or PC.

Epic has the advantage because they boosted their console fanbase with Gears of War so its almost a curtain that Xbox fans will see that UT3 is on the PS3, supports mod, cross-platform player with PC, and supports mouse and keyboard will buy a PS3 for the game over a new PC like me that will be able to run it on the ultra settings.

Plus Unreal has always been on the same base as Halo has with it's reviews. This time around it has more then enough to top even BioShock's high as hell reviews

Are you serious or just trolling? , UT3 is coming for 360 too so theres no need to buy an another console for that game . And no Unreal game have ever sold that well to have a such a big userbase , they sell about 1 million copies each which is nowhere near Halo 2's 8 million copies sold . The reviews also put the Halo games over most fps:es out there , just check gamerankings

im completely serious and im including the PC user base as most UT games are on the PC.

Also show me sales numbers that show that the Unreal games have sold less then 1 million each. Unreal Tournament has been easily as popular or even more popular then counter strike mattering which game we are talking about.

Franchise vs Franchise Unreal is bigger and have been out way way longer. Dont disrespect truly legendary franchises, its like hating your own country, you live there dont you so it wouldnt make sense.  

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

its funny how becasue Ut3 is on ps3 and pc first most people on this website anyway are shrugging the game off..hehhehe.. this series is the reason Fps are fps

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Around the Network
URNotE said:
its funny how becasue Ut3 is on ps3 and pc first most people on this website anyway are shrugging the game off..hehhehe.. this series is the reason Fps are fps
not only that, if it wasnt for unreal there wouldnt be online multiplayer.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please

URNotE said:

What?

And Unreal isn't doing anything amazing outside of graphics. All it's going to be is a pretty and refined version of the last unreal with a few new things.

I think its funny to have all these PS3 fans shitting themselves over unreal. Seriously, its unreal...

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

sieanr said:
URNotE said:

What?

And Unreal isn't doing anything amazing outside of graphics. All it's going to be is a pretty and refined version of the last unreal with a few new things.

I think its funny to have all these PS3 fans shitting themselves over unreal. Seriously, its unreal...

if you would learn how to read i said series!!! i think its funny how you and others spend so much time shitting themselves over the fact that this game has always been one of the highest rated but yet you all claim its the same ol same ol.....

PSNTAG= Xander732

i guess halo is the same ol same ol according to siener

PSNTAG= Xander732

sieanr said:
URNotE said:

What?

i couldnt care less if its on the PS3 or no. I'm getting it on the PC. Unreal is more then just amazing graphics, its never been just about the graphics, its about the gameplay, and the gameplay is unreal.