By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Unreal Tournament 3 the dethroner of Halo

URNotE said:
i guess halo is the same ol same ol according to siener

According to siener only Mario is different with every new iteration Don't waste your time on him.

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
URNotE said:
its funny how becasue Ut3 is on ps3 and pc first most people on this website anyway are shrugging the game off..hehhehe.. this series is the reason Fps are fps
not only that, if it wasnt for unreal there wouldnt be online multiplayer.

Check yourself on that.  Unreal wasn't the first online multiplayer FPS.  It might have done it better, but it certainly didn't invent the concept.

I was playing Quake and Blood online before Unreal.

My End of 2008 Hardware Predictions (console only):

Wii : 50 million

360: 28 million

PS3: 24 million

These predictions were made on January 3rd and won't be revised

LINK

it has always been known for its fast action paced gameplay... alot of games still to this day havent been able to duplicate its gameplay... hell it was one of my favorite games to play on the original xbox..

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

SSj12. We understand, you dont own a 360 and it annoys you. However, you'll be pleased to know that not all 360 owners play Halo, i never owned the first two until i bought them last week. Having purchased them i can tell you they are excellent. It doesnt surprise me that pc gamers playing a game ported from a console dont think the sun shines out of its ass, but the fact is millions of gamers do, far more than have ever bought UT.

It is clear that this thread was created to try and bash halo, but there is no need to. You will have an expensive PC to play a solid game (UT3) on. So stop enviously bashing the 360, or alternatively, knock the blu-ray player out of your pc and use the money for an xbox. When we say you playing Halo at the end of the month, we'll let it go and forget you made this thread.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

kber81 said:
URNotE said:
i guess halo is the same ol same ol according to siener

According to siener only Mario is different with every new iteration Don't waste your time on him.

Uh, no? Most mario games are very similar, just like Unreal and Halo. Yes, you heard that right, each installment of those series is the very similar to the last.

What I dont get is why all these PS3 fans, who have probably never played unreal, shit themselves over a PC port of a game that is essentially years old with fancy graphics.

URNotE said:it has always been known for its fast action paced gameplay... alot of games still to this day havent been able to duplicate its gameplay... hell it was one of my favorite games to play on the original xbox..

Thanks for proving that console gamers know nothing of PC. Unreal was a Quake rip off. Not to mention plenty of PC fps games had the same fast paced gameplay - except most of them were in the late 90s.

Not to mention, those Xbox ports sucked.

Leo-j said: If a dvd for a pc game holds what? Crysis at 3000p or something, why in the world cant a blu-ray disc do the same?

ssj12 said: Player specific decoders are nothing more than specialized GPUs. Gran Turismo is the trust driving simulator of them all. 

"Why do they call it the xbox 360? Because when you see it, you'll turn 360 degrees and walk away" 

Around the Network
ssj12 said:
demonclaw said:
ssj12 said:

Matters which realm of gaming your talking about, Halo has a horrible professional gamer fan base, because the controls rightly suck ass for the PC versions. Halo 3 to us is a joke basically. Unreal has a massive following between console and PC that dwarfs Halo in a shadow the size of the colossus (pun intended). Halo just isnt that great of a game, frankly its piss poor horrid when compared to Unreal, Counter Strike, Half-Life, Goldeneye 007 on the N64, Gears of War, Battlefield, and most Tom Clancy games. Hell I have more fun playing online blackjack or poker then playing Halo on the Xbox, Xbox 360, or PC.

Epic has the advantage because they boosted their console fanbase with Gears of War so its almost a curtain that Xbox fans will see that UT3 is on the PS3, supports mod, cross-platform player with PC, and supports mouse and keyboard will buy a PS3 for the game over a new PC like me that will be able to run it on the ultra settings.

Plus Unreal has always been on the same base as Halo has with it's reviews. This time around it has more then enough to top even BioShock's high as hell reviews

Are you serious or just trolling? , UT3 is coming for 360 too so theres no need to buy an another console for that game . And no Unreal game have ever sold that well to have a such a big userbase , they sell about 1 million copies each which is nowhere near Halo 2's 8 million copies sold . The reviews also put the Halo games over most fps:es out there , just check gamerankings

im completely serious and im including the PC user base as most UT games are on the PC.

Also show me sales numbers that show that the Unreal games have sold less then 1 million each. Unreal Tournament has been easily as popular or even more popular then counter strike mattering which game we are talking about.

Franchise vs Franchise Unreal is bigger and have been out way way longer. Dont disrespect truly legendary franchises, its like hating your own country, you live there dont you so it wouldnt make sense.

Only 2 unreal games have reportedly sold over 1 million copies , so its not such a big franchise

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2006/11/21/539037.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

And UT have never been popular on consoles even with mouse and keyboard support like the Dreamcast version have

demonclaw said:
ssj12 said:
demonclaw said:
ssj12 said:

Matters which realm of gaming your talking about, Halo has a horrible professional gamer fan base, because the controls rightly suck ass for the PC versions. Halo 3 to us is a joke basically. Unreal has a massive following between console and PC that dwarfs Halo in a shadow the size of the colossus (pun intended). Halo just isnt that great of a game, frankly its piss poor horrid when compared to Unreal, Counter Strike, Half-Life, Goldeneye 007 on the N64, Gears of War, Battlefield, and most Tom Clancy games. Hell I have more fun playing online blackjack or poker then playing Halo on the Xbox, Xbox 360, or PC.

Epic has the advantage because they boosted their console fanbase with Gears of War so its almost a curtain that Xbox fans will see that UT3 is on the PS3, supports mod, cross-platform player with PC, and supports mouse and keyboard will buy a PS3 for the game over a new PC like me that will be able to run it on the ultra settings.

Plus Unreal has always been on the same base as Halo has with it's reviews. This time around it has more then enough to top even BioShock's high as hell reviews

Are you serious or just trolling? , UT3 is coming for 360 too so theres no need to buy an another console for that game . And no Unreal game have ever sold that well to have a such a big userbase , they sell about 1 million copies each which is nowhere near Halo 2's 8 million copies sold . The reviews also put the Halo games over most fps:es out there , just check gamerankings

im completely serious and im including the PC user base as most UT games are on the PC.

Also show me sales numbers that show that the Unreal games have sold less then 1 million each. Unreal Tournament has been easily as popular or even more popular then counter strike mattering which game we are talking about.

Franchise vs Franchise Unreal is bigger and have been out way way longer. Dont disrespect truly legendary franchises, its like hating your own country, you live there dont you so it wouldnt make sense.

Only 2 unreal games have reportedly sold over 1 million copies , so its not such a big franchise

http://gamerscoreblog.com/team/archive/2006/11/21/539037.aspx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_games

first link - says sold more then 1 million, Epic is always only named out for the original unreal and unreal tournament but thats because sequels arent typically named for a company's claim to fame. 

second link - thats seriously under tracked. All the Quake games have sold over a million yet they only have the original there from what I can tell. Plus when is wikipedia ever fully trustworthy. 

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

This looks like an incremental improvement over UT2004. Assuming Halo 3 is also an incremental improvement over its predecessor, I don't see why it would kill Halo. Especially since it can't compete with the Halo hype machine.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

PC gaming isn't what it used to be, people don't buy PC games like they did back when games like doom and command and conquer came out. According to vgchartz half-life only sold 2.06 million. That game was huge, i think me and my friends bought like 6 or 7 copies.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

ssj12 said:

first link - says sold more then 1 million, Epic is always only named out for the original unreal and unreal tournament but thats because sequels arent typically named for a company's claim to fame.

second link - thats seriously under tracked. All the Quake games have sold over a million yet they only have the original there from what I can tell. Plus when is wikipedia ever fully trustworthy.

I never said no Unreal game sold under 1 million , I said they each sold  around 1 million each which I read on some site months ago . And if the other unreal games sold over 1 million Epic would have said it , Just face it the Unreal frachise is very small compared to other first person shooters .

The wikipedia article have references so its failry credible , and the ID games are ususally not any big sellers either . Doom 2 is one of the most famous fps:es out there but it only sold 2 million copies  and doom 3 sold less than 1 million on PC  , doom 3 actually sold a lot better on Xbox with over 1 million copies .  The only fps franchises we can count as big sellers today is Half-life and Halo