By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Almost bought a Wii today.

hentai_11 said:

Much was already said, but there is one Point which I miss ...

You said your uncle already owns a Wii and some Games.

This means if you had a Wii you could borrow games from your uncle and play them.

We all know that your budget is limited, so this would be a great way to save some money.

I understood that his uncle doesn't live nearby. But, generally a good reason to decide which console to buy. Without borrowing, i wouldn't played half of the games i have played.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
Astrodust said:
I have about 600 dollars the Futureshop gift card that I got as a bonus for my time on the rigs last Christmas. I was thinking I could almost buy a PS3 with it but have decided to wait. It's not that I don't want a PS3. I do but the only game that interests me right now is Warhawk. Mind you I have a 360 as well so that satisfies my craving for a strong library of games. Personally I think the 360 and Wii are the systems to get right now. I will probably pick up a PS3 between mid 2008 to the end of the year. But Halo 3, Mass Effect, Galaxy, Metroid, and Mario Kart are the upcoming games I most want to play.

I'm with Astrodust on this one.  I think the trend that we see right now is people owning a wii and a 360 (or perhaps a PS3).  I think this is part of Wii's success in that it is really not competing with 360 or PS3; but the 360 and PS3 are competing with one another.  Not trying to downplay wii, I own one and think that it is incredible, and it will be around for a while.

Couple of days ago I saw a guy walking out of the gamestore with Bioshock in one hand and MP3 in the other.  He probably has not bathed, eaten, slept, or brushed his teeth since then.

Buy a Wii. Its the more interesting purchase, and you will enjoy it more socially (with friends, parents, etc..).

PS3 is great and all - but its expensive, and "more of the same". I can only recommend the PS3 to someone now who is a complete graphics whore ;)
(and even then, I'd probably recommend a 360 - unless you already have one. And if you have one - then definitely get a Wii before a PS3).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

IM NOT GONNA THROW ALL THESE BS NUMBERS AND GRAPHS X REASONS YOU SHOULD GET A WII AND X REASONS YOU SHOULD GET A PS3 ,,, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO GET A JOB HEHEHEHE

THe oNLY TRue STuPiDiTY iS THe aCCePTaNCe oF iGNoRaNCe 

PSNTAG K_I_N_G__COKE

The King Of The Iron Fist tournament

Bonafide732 said:
IM NOT GONNA THROW ALL THESE BS NUMBERS AND GRAPHS X REASONS YOU SHOULD GET A WII AND X REASONS YOU SHOULD GET A PS3 ,,, YOU KNOW WHAT YOU NEED TO GET A JOB HEHEHEHE

Thank you for reminding me how nice everybody else on these forums is about not using all caps. I now regret taking it for granted.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Around the Network

i dont think this site is over run by wii fanboys, i think its over run by level headed gamers, anyone with an interest in gaming HAS to own a wii, its as simple as that.
Without one are missing out on the biggest gaming development in the last decade, surely a 'true' gamer would want to be part of that? Or maybe the 'graphics arn't good enough'?

Buy a PSP and a DS. You'll have load more fun!

Which one do you have most fun with ?

Ignore every detail about it (PS3 graphics are amazing) or (Wii is such a great seller !)

Which one gives you the most fun and enjoyment ? You've tried the Wii.. try the PS3 now

I'd say go for a Wii now and PS3 later imo

Understanding is the key.

HELLFISH said:
The thing is, I grew up on the PS2, so the PS3 just seems like a logical next step. The system is marketed pretty good too, with the whole media thing in one package is great.. one unit on my flat panel to play movies and play games. It sounds really cool.

Same here.  And my PS2 is still going strong, but when it fails, and it will fail (the tray is starting to have problems), my library is unusable until I get a PS3, because I'm not going to buy another PS2 like so many people have (ie, everyone I know who has a PS2)

HELLFISH said:

Good things about PS3 I'm thinking about: DVD player / PS2 compat / 2008 lineup will most likely be a lot better than now.
Good things about wii: It was a lot of fun, but I'd need to keep my PS2 and get a DVD player too.

I think I'm going to keep saving and think about this a bit more.

Huh?  The PS2 is a DVD player, why would you need another DVD player?  Or did you mean Bluray?

Anyway, here's my thoughts.  Your decision has probably already been made for you.  You saw a Wii in the wild, and you didn't get it.  You've missed your chance.  Most people don't even get to see one in the wild.  Your chance of seeing another before 2008, almost nonexistent.  Keep saving for your PS3.  

Personally, when budget is a big factor, I  would go with the Wii.  Since you've experienced it, you know you can get games now that you know you'll enjoy, play them, and you can patiently wait for the PS3 to drop in price and for a lot of great games to come out on it in 2008 or 2009.  When that happens, you can snag a PS3.  That happens to be exactly what I did/am doing.   

I think he means he'd get rid of his PS2 if he got a PS3.

SW-5120-1900-6153