By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Almost bought a Wii today.

Kratos said:
I Agree with people who say, buy a Wii now, borrow games from your uncle, and buy a ps3 later

I agree with that as well. You can also try more games in the future if you uncle happens to buy them.

BUT!

If you are certain that you'll be happy with the Wii when you buy it, play it, continue playing it, and replaying it, buy the Wii. If you are certain that you'll be happy with the PS3 when you buy, play it, continue playing it, and replaying it, buy the PS3.

Wow... I made it sound so easy XD ... (except the fact that you are asking means you are not certain =P) 

Bottom line is... Trust your direct experience!! Also try out PS3 games if you get a chance (maybe at Best Buy or something) and to see if it'll fit the above description.

HOWEVER...

if you decide to buy a Wii and happens to live near my place, remember to invite me, ok? ;_;  (well, jk) 

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Around the Network

Alright guys... I made my decision earlier today because a lot of you guys were right. The fun Wii games are out right now, and I had a lot of fun playing it. The PS3 I am sure will be killer in 2008, but I should be able to save enough money in a year to get that system when it finally has some great games released.

I probably won't get to borrow a whole lot of games from my uncle, because he lives in Tuscan about 800 miles away, so that really sucks. I'll get a standalone DVD player later because they are only like 30 bucks. My PS2 doesn't play any burned DVD or a couple of my real DVD either for some reason, so that is why I mentioned getting one.

I ran to target and they still had 3, so I got mine:

Back to 0 in the PS3 fund, but I'll probably get some pretty good christmas stash this year, too. Thanks for the help guys, this forum is awesome.

you make your choice well ^^

hence,

I'm jealous....

Anyway, go and enjoy your Wii.

I'm an ALIEN!!!! - officially identified as by Konnichiwa

Of course... My English is still... horrible - appreciation and thanks to FJ-Warez  

Brawl FC: 0301-9911-8154

Nice choice HELLFISH, hope you have fun with your Wii!
By the time all of the good games start coming out for the PS3, you will have enough money to buy one.

Currently Playing: Mario Kart 7, Mario Kart 8, Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Smash Bros for Wii U

Predictions:

Super Mario Galaxy will pass Super Mario 64 in total sales CORRECT!

glad wii could help!

Around the Network

You have Metroid Prime 3 and Resident Evil 4. I feel envy.

Wow, and arguably the best two games you could buy.

Congrats.

Wow! The big news here is that Target had wii's in stock for so long.

Seriously, between the 3 games you have now, you're not going to see the light of day for a while. They're all great. Have fun!

Make sure you post your Wii friend code in the MP3 voucher trading thread so you can get some cool unlockables. ;)

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

im jealous. you went and bought a wii and got mp straight away... ive been sittin around looking at my wii waiting for it, for ages, and i still am (PAL)

have fun ;)

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)