By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Almost bought a Wii today.

You said you grew up on the PS1 and PS2? Does that mean you haven't owned any previous Nintendo consoles, because if so getting a Wii with a Cube controller and Memory Card let's you try out every Gamecube game you missed, a lot of which are dirt cheap at this point. There's also the Virtual Console which sells games from the NES, SNES, and N64, as well as the Sega Genesis and the TurboGrafx-16.

Like stof said, you could always try to resell it later, and if the PS3 doesn't have what you want right now, why not 
just wait? They're likely to just get cheaper and maybe improvements like rumble back in the controllers. In the meantime you can get a Wii to tide you over since it sounds you liked the games you tried on it, cept Mario Party 8, which I don't like either. =P

Around the Network
Galaki said:Quick, someone pull up some kind of list to disprove this :) 

Good luck with that. Most people know the PS3 has a better lineup then the Wii. The Wii, however, has some games that pretty much blows away everything the PS3 has. It's like comparing the Gamecube to the PS2, with the Gamecube as the Wii and the PS2 as the PS3.

Honestly if you decide against the wii want a High Def system and are that tight on money i'd just go with the 360. It's a bit cheaper so you can get some games earlier plus it has more good games out now.

No Blu-ray but really is having a Blu-Ray Player + Game player really going to matter in your case? If you could only afford a game every other month you probably don't have much money for movies right? Blu-Ray movies cost about the same price as a game.

grandmaster192 said:
Galaki said:Quick, someone pull up some kind of list to disprove this :) 

Good luck with that. Most people know the PS3 has a better lineup then the Wii. The Wii, however, has some games that pretty much blows away everything the PS3 has. It's like comparing the Gamecube to the PS2, with the Gamecube as the Wii and the PS2 as the PS3.

Well not argueing that premise for the moment.  If that's the case doesn't getting the Wii make sense for this particular guy?

We're talking about someone who can only afford one game every other month.  Isn't it better for him to have a system that will have a decent amount of really awesome games instead of a system with a couple really awesome games and a bunch of pretty awesome games?

He's not like you or me where he can get a few games a month.

Kasz216 said:

Well not argueing that premise for the moment.  If that's the case doesn't getting the Wii make sense for this particular guy?

We're talking about someone who can only afford one game every other month.  Isn't it better for him to have a system that will have a decent amount of really awesome games instead of a system with a couple really awesome games and a bunch of pretty awesome games?

He's not like you or me where he can get a few games a month.

If thats the case, then it depends on if he thinks the Wii's killer games are as good as I do. He might just think that the PS3 has more amazing games. If he shares the same opinion on the Wii as I do then yes, he should probably get the Wii.

Around the Network

I don't understand some people. I'm not saying that you should buy a Wii, it's up to you; but holding off such an amount of money on a console that WILL deliver in the future? You should worry about games you want to play now.

Much was already said, but there is one Point which I miss ...

You said your uncle already owns a Wii and some Games.

This means if you had a Wii you could borrow games from your uncle and play them.

We all know that your budget is limited, so this would be a great way to save some money.

Short post:

The PS3 will be a fantastic system in 2009, and it will be quite a bit cheaper then.
The Wii has many games out now, and the system will hold its value for quite some time.

hentai_11 said:

Much was already said, but there is one Point which I miss ...

You said your uncle already owns a Wii and some Games.

This means if you had a Wii you could borrow games from your uncle and play them.

We all know that your budget is limited, so this would be a great way to save some money.

Can't put it better than this.

I have about 600 dollars the Futureshop gift card that I got as a bonus for my time on the rigs last Christmas. I was thinking I could almost buy a PS3 with it but have decided to wait. It's not that I don't want a PS3. I do but the only game that interests me right now is Warhawk. Mind you I have a 360 as well so that satisfies my craving for a strong library of games. Personally I think the 360 and Wii are the systems to get right now. I will probably pick up a PS3 between mid 2008 to the end of the year. But Halo 3, Mass Effect, Galaxy, Metroid, and Mario Kart are the upcoming games I most want to play.