By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Almost bought a Wii today.

Listen guys.  I've been saving up for a PS3 for several months now.  I don't have enough yet, and I almost blew what I have on a Wii today.  We had a family reunion over Labor Day and my uncle has a Wii.  I have to admit the Sports was pretty damn fun.  The killer was Metroid, though... I couldn't put the thing down.  RE4 was a whole new experience with the controller, and I wanted more of that, too.  I didn't care too much for Marios Party, but it was midly interesting...  That's all the games he had, but said Zelda was 

Well, today they had Wii at Target, and I almost tapped one.  I'm thinking there are some really great games on that system, and the PS3 maybe isn't delivering what I want/expected.  Then maybe I'm thinking I'm just getting tired of waiting and the Wii would be a quick fix..., ruining my overall plan of a PS3.

I know I have to make my own damn decision, but what do you guys think?  Keep saving for my PS3, or get that Wii now and start playing already?

(First post... I'm such a noob)

Around the Network

Let me tell you something

80% of the site is full of nintendo fanboys. 80% of the people will tell you to get a wii. I on the other hand wont, metroid prime 3 is an amazing game, the ps3 doesnt have any amazing games yet, if you want get a wii Im not stopping you but the ps3 is going to deliver soon my friend.

mM

Buy a Wii. If you find out you don't like it as much as you though you can sell on Ebay for at least what you paid for it. Maybe more around Christmas. Good Luck finding another one in the store though. :)

Buy Wii now and later a PS3 (PS3 will probably get a price cut before Christmas).

Get them both, eventually.

Now, though, get the system that you think you will definitely have fun with and not wait for... "soon". Let me spell the obvious, I am saying, get the Wii now and get PS3 in a year or so, when you don't have to wait for the good games.

Around the Network

If you want Blue Ray Movies, get a PS3.
If you can't imagine life without Metal Gear Solid, get a PS3.
If you have an HDTV and cannot tolerate a non step forward in graphics, get a PS3 or a 360.
If you love FPS played on the traditional format, get a 360 or a PS3.
If you want to speak to random people online, get a PS3/360.
If you want to see classic games ported online, though often ruined, get a Xbox360/PS3.
If your computer mysteriously cannot download videos, get a PS3/360.
If you have a PSP, and like connectivity, get a PS3.

If you regularly have people over to play video games and don't mind splurging 60-80 bucks for their controllers (50 for ps3/360), get a Wii.
Otherwise, wieigh whatever you value most.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

LoL, leo-j. People who own a Wii are not automatically Nintendo fanboys...
Damn narrow minded 14-16 year olds...

This isn't the best forum for asking that...

It really depends on which system you know has the games you want. If you played some Wii games and enjoyed them, and you think you would continue to enjoy them, then buy a Wii.

On the other hand, you said you have been saving up for a PS3 for a while. I'm assuming you have lots of games on it that you want to play. It's not a matter of trying a game and liking it for a bit, it's a matter of buying the games you have waited for for months on end.

If you've been waiting to try the PS3 games you're planning for for a long time, go with it. If you're shaky of the games, or you only recently had any interest in them, go with the Wii.

Sometimes, you have to trust your gut as a gamer, and not just try to be convinced by others. That's why I bought the Xbox, but I didn't enjoy the console that much...

I own a Wii, and I can't say I'm not a tad disappointed. But that shouldn't stop you. You have to know what games and the type of games you think you enjoy most. I'm not a fan of shooter games, so I didn't find many games on the Xbox I liked. If, like me, you like all different types of games (excluding a few), then just go with the console you like the most.

leo-j said:
Let me tell you something

80% of the site is full of nintendo fanboys. 80% of the people will tell you to get a wii. I on the other hand wont, metroid prime 3 is an amazing game, the ps3 doesnt have any amazing games yet, if you want get a wii Im not stopping you but the ps3 is going to deliver soon my friend.

Congratulations, you are now a saint.

I'd say you should, because I'd say that the "It's fun!" Argument right now is a lot better than "It will deliver!" 

Yeah, I finally have a sig.

Fuzzmosis said:
If your computer mysteriously cannot download videos