By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

@Rol:
And the i said 'maybe' meaning i was doubting it myself.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

I dunno if i'm alone to think that way but I cannot really catch why so many people put the wii as the expected winner of the next gen consoles.
To me the wii isnt a next gen anyway it's rather a bridge between the ps2/xb and ps3/x360. why would anyone who has bought a ps2/xb in the last 3 years would buy a machine that offers so little hadware improvement. ok it's fun, the controller really brings sometin new (it's fun for awhile...) but i dont see the wii as the machine that's gonna keep me playing for the coming 6 years.
I wouldn't be surprised if the sales in 1 year from now look very different to what they are at the moment

Well the sales of the Wii looked alot different in JPN this week from last week which is disturbing because they dropped quite a bit.

Wii: 52%
PS3: 28%
360: 20%

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Biroutman said:
I dunno if i'm alone to think that way but I cannot really catch why so many people put the wii as the expected winner of the next gen consoles.
To me the wii isnt a next gen anyway it's rather a bridge between the ps2/xb and ps3/x360. why would anyone who has bought a ps2/xb in the last 3 years would buy a machine that offers so little hadware improvement. ok it's fun, the controller really brings sometin new (it's fun for awhile...) but i dont see the wii as the machine that's gonna keep me playing for the coming 6 years.
I wouldn't be surprised if the sales in 1 year from now look very different to what they are at the moment

Honestly, I own a decent PC rig (X2 3800+ and Geforce 7800GT) and an XBox 360 and I think the graphics improvements of the PC and XBox 360 offer amost nothing in comparison to what the XBox, PS2 and Gamecube brought in the last generation. The PS3 and XBox 360 offer fluff and flair with little or no added substance; essentially you get the same content with better graphics from these two systems ... On the other hand the Wii offers new content with similar graphics.

Around the Network

Power= Quality
Less Powerful= Worse

???

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

@Soriku:
I have never heard(read) any one say that so thanks for the info i didnt know when MP3 was released in NA because i dont live there so i dont need to and i dont own a Wii so i am even more ignorant on MP3.

Handhelds and consoles are different you can try and compare but to no avail.

Lets talk about market share for the ds/psp at gens end

ds: 58%

psp: 42%

mM

ok so my forecast for total sales :
ps3 100mn
x360 35mn
wii 45mn

leo-j said:
Lets talk about market share for the ds/psp at gens end

ds: 58%

psp: 42%

It is currently DS (68%) to PSP (32%) and I expect the DS to take off further as it approaches $99 so DS (75%) to PSP (25%) ...