By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

I dont think that the handheld market is going to change from what it is now but remember for a 1st attempt by Sony in the handheld market it was fecking good against the handheld market pro who has it mastered even SEGA and the Gamegear backed out of the handheld market and they where in the console market for quite a while.

End of 2014 Hardware Predictions (03/03/14)

PlayStation 4: 12-15million

Xbox One: 7-10 million

Wii U: 8-9 million (Changed 01/04/2014 from 7-9 --> 8-9 million)

Around the Network

Biroutman, be prepared to be ripped to shreds by many people in the forum.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

BenKenobi88 said:
GranTurismo, just make your prediction and move on...if you don't like others predictions, why don't back up what you're saying with evidence?

Personally, I don't understand why some people say the Wii will fail. It is currently the number 1 current generation system, and it sells more than the PS3 or 360 every week. It's not fanboyism, it's just numbers.

It's only logical that the Wii will continue to sell as it is now. The PS3 will get some great games, as will the 360, and as will the Wii. So each system will get boosts from their AAA games, but we'll be in the same place as we are now, with the Wii selling the most, and perhaps the PS3 crossing the 360, but I can't see that happening either for at least a year.

The PS3 has one thing going for it thus far. It is in 3rd place but has had none of the Signature games released. I think Sony will have another big price cut when these games are on the horizon. We will see if people are truly willing to abandon the Playstation brand when the games that come that made the Playstation brand such a force.

Logicaly speaking Price and an Inovative controlers scheme is what is selling the Wii not AAA games. If it were the titles then N64 and Gamecube should have sold way more units. those Consoles had Mario Metroid Smash Bros. and a host of other games that by Nintendo fans accounts should have moved systems.

With that being said I do not see Nintendo failing this generation. I just dont think they will end this generation on top but I definitly think it will be in a strong second place.

PS3= 50%

Wii= 35%

360= 15%

@dtewi:
Which is wrong because everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.

^ Contradiction (spelling?) much?

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network

@NorthStar:
All the Wii owners will say "Oh those titles will be too late to do anything for the PS3".

Why is everyone posting in between my arrows. I'm annoyed.

@mitsuhide

He's gonna make more illogical posts and many people will rip him to shreds for that.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Those titles will give it a major boost at the most. Not permanent high sales.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

@dtewi:
Its true but he dosent deserve to be ripped to shreds unless the comment he makes is like the PS3 will sell 200million WW and the Wii wont even pass 20million,rip him to shreds for that but he didnt say that and people deserve their own opinion and shouldnt be insulted upon doing so.

The new psp will not increase psp sales at all, and it wont outsell the ds in japan for a couple of weeks.

mM