By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

mitsuhide said:
Is this the new thread on this the old one or am i reading the exact same arguement on the new one that was on the old one which guys that is bad.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Here's the difference: The old one is locked and doesn't have pages and pages of pointless lists of games.

[edit: added quote but formatting didn't carry over.  Oh well.] 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
Soriku said:
@jh and Montana

If all you're gonna post is "Liek dis topic sux0rz!" you might as well get out.

Then why don't you make something original for once?

The point is: yes, this thread has descended into pointless stupidity; but no one's forcing you to look at it. So why not just leave instead of posting stuff like "this thread is so boring!"

Of course, you can stay if you want to, but it sure sounds like you don't want to, unless you're a masochist.

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Meh, I have nothing better to do...

*Twiddles thumbs*

This thread sucks!

*Runs*

wii 60%

ps3 21%

360 19% 

wii maybe just breaking 100 million (would be 10-15 million higher but some self-proclaimed "hardcore" gamers are too naive and narrowminded to accept the wii as being great simply cuz its different or simply because its nintendo), ps3 i think will barely catch up to and beat out the 360 with the ps3 around 36 mil, while the 360 is about 34 million cuz it has no freakin japanese market.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

exactly. thats why i put hardcore in quotes because they are not really hardcore cuz they hardly play any games, pretty much just fps and probably only other violent games cuz everything else is too kiddy for them. and i was probably exaggerating with that 10 - 15 million figure. but that population of gamers that think they are hardcore and only play fps and don't play nintendo games on principle because they think they are kiddy or not hardcore, those are the people that probably did buy a ps2 who won't be buying a wii, thats why i think the wii will probably sell less than the ps2. and also cuz wii's don't break unlike sony's fairly unreliable systems. then again the wii will probably gain a bigger casual audience and bring in more people than the ps2 so it could match ps2 levels, but the main reason i think it won't is i don't think it'll last for 7 years. i think it'll die out after 5 once the new systems start arriving, but maybe not.

end of '08 predictions: wii - 43 million,  360 - 25 million, ps3 - 20 million

Games I've beat recently: Super Mario Galaxy, Knights of the Old Republic, Shadow of the Collossus

Proud owner of wii, gamecube, xbox, ps2, dreamcast, n64, snes, genesis, 3DO, nes, atari, intellivision, unisonic tournament 2000, and gameboy

Around the Network

ok last one, this goes to show how bad predictions go in the early gen.

This thread is pure gold.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Its funny how capcom predicated the outcome better than anyone