By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Predict the percent (%) of market share for the Wii, PS3, 360 by gen's end

I dunno, but I know he was accused of trolling on many many many threads. And "cklmb" has klmb in it.

Link Rol?

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

Around the Network
HappySqurriel said:
Soriku said:
@jimmay

Uh...no one cares about any NHL or football crap or any Nascar. And wait till someone comes out with the whole Wii list.

I'll make the important lists for him ... Games released in the second half of 2007 that will sell more than 3 Million copies:

Metriod Prime 3 (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Halo 3 (XBox 360)

Yep sure because the wii has so few games coming out lets just create a bs list that ignores all the quality games that are coming out for the 360 and ps3. Metriod prime 3 to sell over 3 million, good luck with that one. For every one quality game the wii has for the second half of this year the 360 and ps3 will have 3.

jimmay said:
HappySqurriel said:

Man ... PS3/XBox 360 fanboys like listing a lot of games when most of them will end up disapointing ... (see LAIR)

Sorry to burst your bubble but most of those 360/ps3 games listed will score 8 out of 10 or better with one third to half of them scoring 9 out of 10 or more.

What are you talking about?

A large portion of the games on the XBox 360 and PS3 list are sequels to sports games which do not have much (any) influence on console sales, multiplatform games which have been (or will be) released to decent scores but still sell poorly, or re-releases of games that have already done the bulk of their sales with earlier versions.

The only games of note in your entire list are Bioshock, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Army of Two, Unreal Tournament 3 and Gran Turismo 5 Proluge; several of which will probably underperform both in terms of reviews and sales. The only games in that list which I would put in the Class of Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime or Super Smash Bros are Halo 3 and Gran Turismo.

Soriku said:
jimmay said:
Soriku said:
@jimmay

Uh...no one cares about any NHL or football crap or any Nascar. And wait till someone comes out with the whole Wii list.

When on average worldwide each of those games will sell atleast 200,000 then yeah they matter. That's like saying zack and wiki doesnt matter because nobody cares about that 'crap'.

I thought you said that score well, nothing about selling well. Hypocrite.

Lol most of those games will/have score well, most games that score well also sell well, funny how that works.

Anyway let's ignore jimmay and get back on-topic.

Wii: 104 Million
PS3: 54 Million
360: 46 Million

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

Around the Network

Last I checked 200,000 isn't that good of a seller. It's average, not well.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

You're kidding? He fits the description perfectly.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

jimmay said:
HappySqurriel said:
Soriku said:
@jimmay

I'll make the important lists for him ... Games released in the second half of 2007 that will sell more than 3 Million copies:

Metriod Prime 3 (Wii)
Super Mario Galaxy (Wii)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii)
Halo 3 (XBox 360)

Yep sure because the wii has so few games coming out lets just create a bs list that ignores all the quality games that are coming out for the 360 and ps3. Metriod prime 3 to sell over 3 million, good luck with that one. For every one quality game the wii has for the second half of this year the 360 and ps3 will have 3.

No, I'm basing my predictions on proven track records not on lolipops and moonbeams like predictions about LAIR were based on ...

Metroid Prime sold 2.77 Million units on the Gamecube inspite the Gamecube being reasonably unpopular, and even Metroid Prime 2 sold 1.27 Million copies when it was launched directly against Halo 2, Half Life 2, World of Warcraft and Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (which were all released the same month Nintendo released the Nintendo DS). In its first week Metroid Prime 3 sold 314,157 in North America and will likely sell at least 1.5 Million units by January 1st 2008; in the long run it will break 3 Million units world wide.

Gballzack.

Sugu yoko de waratteita

I will never leave you

HappySqurriel said:
jimmay said:
HappySqurriel said:

Man ... PS3/XBox 360 fanboys like listing a lot of games when most of them will end up disapointing ... (see LAIR)

Sorry to burst your bubble but most of those 360/ps3 games listed will score 8 out of 10 or better with one third to half of them scoring 9 out of 10 or more.

What are you talking about?

A large portion of the games on the XBox 360 and PS3 list are sequels to sports games which do not have much (any) influence on console sales, multiplatform games which have been (or will be) released to decent scores but still sell poorly, or re-releases of games that have already done the bulk of their sales with earlier versions.

The only games of note in your entire list are Bioshock, Halo 3, Eternal Sonata, Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect, Army of Two, Unreal Tournament 3 and Gran Turismo 5 Proluge; several of which will probably underperform both in terms of reviews and sales. The only games in that list which I would put in the Class of Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime or Super Smash Bros are Halo 3 and Gran Turismo.

Also to add to the list i made you can throw in pro evolution soccer which worldwide sells 3+ million every year.Madden sells over 4 million as well and the wii version of madden has bombed. Games on the 360/ps3 that the wii doesnt have that will sell over 500,000 that are coming out in 2007:

BioShock
MotoGP 07
Blue Dragon
Eternal Sonata
Skate
Halo 3
Project Gotham Racing 4
Lost Odyssey
Half-Life 2: The Orange Box
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Virtua Fighter 5
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare