By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you don't believe in the death penalty, this should change your mind.

leatherhat said:
April fools

What kind of twisted April Fools joke would that be?

Crusty VGchartz old timer who sporadically returns & posts. Let's debate nebulous shit and expand our perpectives. Or whatever.

Around the Network

Nothing will change my mind on the death sentence. Absolutely against.

Username2324 said:
tombi123 said:
Username2324 said:
im_sneaky said:
He should get life in prison.

If you think about it, life in prison is really a waste of everything.

It's a waste of tax money, it's a waste of property space. It's not all that much of a punishment, the individual is basically told "Hey, you did something horrendous, here's a free bed, and free meals for the rest of your life, it may not be glamorous, but it's FREE!"

Don't even get me started on the multiple life sentencings.... I mean what the hell, if they did something so bad you sentence them to 2 life terms why not just put a bullet in their head.

Prisons are a drain on everything.

Life in prison costs less then the death penalty.

Like I said, that's only because it's been made so complicated, back in the day you needed a bullet and a gun, or a rope and a tree.

How about if an innocent man is given the death sentence? 

You know, people really have been executed for crimes they were later found to be innocent for.

If you don't believe in punishing criminals in a civilized manner, you can still believe in letting the innocents live long enough to see their names cleared.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

he should get the firing squad

Around the Network

Oh my god, I never realized how awful human actions can be. This story has really shown me the light, and I now support the death penalty.

Nah, just kidding, I'm not a tool. Hey, maybe I should post the life story of Hitler for people who are against abortion.

tombi123 said:
Username2324 said:
tombi123 said:
Username2324 said:
im_sneaky said:

It's a waste of tax money, it's a waste of property space. It's not all that much of a punishment, the individual is basically told "Hey, you did something horrendous, here's a free bed, and free meals for the rest of your life, it may not be glamorous, but it's FREE!"

Don't even get me started on the multiple life sentencings.... I mean what the hell, if they did something so bad you sentence them to 2 life terms why not just put a bullet in their head.

Like I said, that's only because it's been made so complicated, back in the day you needed a bullet and a gun, or a rope and a tree.

How about if an innocent man is given the death sentence? 

Perhaps they should start putting the money used to make death sentences so complicated towards insuring more accurate trails.

The hoops you have to jump through are unbelievable and are the only reason it costs so much.

Edit: I think it would be extremely difficult today to falsely accuse someone of a crime so gruesome has to consider the death penalty. For instance in the case of the original post. The man was seen doing it, no questions to ask, slam the gavel, case closed.

tombi123 said:
Username2324 said:
im_sneaky said:

i've seen this thrown around in the thread a couple times now.  I'm not disagreeing, but i'm curious and would like to learn more.  Do you have a link?

Here's a video from my band's last show Check out more (bigger) videos here http://www.youtube.com/user/icemanout
MontanaHatchet said:
Oh my god, I never realized how awful human actions can be. This story has really shown me the light, and I now support the death penalty.

Nah, just kidding, I'm not a tool. Hey, maybe I should post the life story of Hitler for people who are against abortion.

This was exactly my reaction. I think it was pretty arrogant of Mafoo to assume this would change anyone's mind.

Avalach21 said:
tombi123 said:
Username2324 said:
im_sneaky said:

i've seen this thrown around in the thread a couple times now.  I'm not disagreeing, but i'm curious and would like to learn more.  Do you have a link?

To consider a case for death penalty means it has to move up to the higher courts where the judges and lawyers get paid wayy too much, and like I said there are all kinds of hoops to jump through. It's all because pro-life people have made it so damn difficult