By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you don't believe in the death penalty, this should change your mind.

These people are evil.

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
Rath said:
Username2324 said:
If they are to do something that currently meets the requirements of the death penalty, what good is it to keep them alive locked up?

To run about ten more appeals to make sure that they really do meet the requirments for the death penalty. Thing is unlike prison death is guaranteed permanent. You can't say 'Whoops, we fucked up, lets revive him'.

How many guilty go free because of this? I'd say it's a hell of a lot higher than the amount of innocents.

Username2324 said:
Rath said:
Username2324 said:
If they are to do something that currently meets the requirements of the death penalty, what good is it to keep them alive locked up?

To run about ten more appeals to make sure that they really do meet the requirments for the death penalty. Thing is unlike prison death is guaranteed permanent. You can't say 'Whoops, we fucked up, lets revive him'.

How many guilty go free because of this? I'd say it's a hell of a lot higher than the amount of innocents.

This is the part in the debate when someone should have posted a source instead of just hoping their opponent believes what they say.

MontanaHatchet said:
Username2324 said:
Rath said:
Username2324 said:

This is the part in the debate when someone should have posted a source instead of just hoping their opponent believes what they say.

While I look for a source, why do we not try 10 more times after someone has gone free? Obviously if someone is "innocent" it's going to be hard to record that they really weren't. The only stats I will find are ones of cases where they were "innocent" and later evidence said they were guilty. So it probably will be a very low percentage, but a very inaccurate one.

Username2324 said:
Rath said:
Username2324 said:

To run about ten more appeals to make sure that they really do meet the requirments for the death penalty. Thing is unlike prison death is guaranteed permanent. You can't say 'Whoops, we fuck eed up, lets revive him'.

Thats the way it should be. Innocent until proven guilty. I'd expect that it is indeed the case that there are many more guilty going free than innocents being executed and if that wasn't the case I'd be very worried about that country.

Around the Network
Rath said:
Username2324 said:
Rath said:
Username2324 said:

To run about ten more appeals to make sure that they really do meet the requirments for the death penalty. Thing is unlike prison death is guaranteed permanent. You can't say 'Whoops, we fuck eed up, lets revive him'.

Thats the way it should be. Innocent until proven guilty. I'd expect that it is indeed the case that there are many more guilty going free than innocents being executed and if that wasn't the case I'd be very worried about that country.

So you think we should pride ourselves on having a lousy legal system and allowing many guilty criminals being released back into society?

If life is so precious, why do we take away everything that life has to offer and confine these individuals? Why not let them go free? Why waste so much money trying to prove a guilty man innocent?

I would love to see how your minds might be changed if someone close to you was killed in a gruesome, horrific manner, perhaps by someone who had killed before and was released from prison after serving a sentence. Then would you still consider their life precious?

In my circuit (5th Circuit Court of Appeals) you know how many criminal appeals are reversed? Less than 2%. And that is every type of appeal there is.

The system is still extremely slanted towards the government. If prosecutors feel they have enough evidence that they will seek an indictment on you for a crime like this, odds are you are fucked.

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

We're talking to a brick wall guys :\

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Username2324 said:

If life is so precious, why do we take away everything that life has to offer and confine these individuals? Why not let them go free? Why waste so much money trying to prove a guilty man innocent?

I would love to see how your minds might be changed if someone close to you was killed in a gruesome, horrific manner, perhaps by someone who had killed before and was released from prison after serving a sentence. Then would you still consider their life precious?

So I take it your not a Christian and think forgiving people for things is the dumbest thing a person could do.  Jesus would go buy an AK-47 and fuck that guy up, right?  He would kill him!

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson