By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you don't believe in the death penalty, this should change your mind.

"Perhaps they should start putting the money used to make death sentences so complicated towards insuring more accurate trails."

That was just a weak argument.

As if more funding would make our legal system suddenly be without flaw.

[2:08:58 am] Moongoddess256: being asian makes you naturally good at ddr
[2:09:22 am] gnizmo: its a weird genetic thing
[2:09:30 am] gnizmo: goes back to hunting giant crabs in feudal Japan

Around the Network
Avalach21 said:
tombi123 said:
Username2324 said:
im_sneaky said:
He should get life in prison.

If you think about it, life in prison is really a waste of everything.

It's a waste of tax money, it's a waste of property space. It's not all that much of a punishment, the individual is basically told "Hey, you did something horrendous, here's a free bed, and free meals for the rest of your life, it may not be glamorous, but it's FREE!"

Don't even get me started on the multiple life sentencings.... I mean what the hell, if they did something so bad you sentence them to 2 life terms why not just put a bullet in their head.

Prisons are a drain on everything.

Life in prison costs less then the death penalty.

i've seen this thrown around in the thread a couple times now.  I'm not disagreeing, but i'm curious and would like to learn more.  Do you have a link?

I'll try and find one. I can't believe that the economics matters so much. Life is priceless, especially if it turns out to be innocent life.

Edit: http://www.deathpenaltyinfo.org/costs-death-penalty 

Just type in 'cost of death sentence vs life imprisonment' to google for loads more links.

MontanaHatchet said:
Oh my god, I never realized how awful human actions can be. This story has really shown me the light, and I now support the death penalty.

Nah, just kidding, I'm not a tool. Hey, maybe I should post the life story of Hitler for people who are against abortion.

You just jumped up several places on the awesomest posters list.

Thank you, thank you very much. I have my moments.

*Smiles and waves*

Also why is this thread about the death penalty? The guy who did the crime that this thread is about is DEAD already.

Around the Network
Moongoddess256 said:
"Perhaps they should start putting the money used to make death sentences so complicated towards insuring more accurate trails."

That was just a weak argument.

As if more funding would make our legal system suddenly be without flaw.

The point it is it shouldnt cost as much as it does for the death penalty, there's no reason for it at all.

Many people think its sort of savage and hypocritical to kill people while trying to act like we have better morals then the criminals we are punishing. Maybe that's why they've made it so hard to do?

I don't think that's such a bad thing.

If they are to do something that currently meets the requirements of the death penalty, what good is it to keep them alive locked up?

Username2324 said:
If they are to do something that currently meets the requirements of the death penalty, what good is it to keep them alive locked up?

To run about ten more appeals to make sure that they really do meet the requirments for the death penalty. Thing is unlike prison death is guaranteed permanent. You can't say 'Whoops, we fucked up, lets revive him'.

Really, aside from your "life is precious", is there any benefit to keeping them alive..

They are going to rot in a prison, possibly killing others while there, they are using up resources and money, what's the benefit to the rest of society?