By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why a $299 ps3 could mean Game Over!

Kantor said:
It could mean "Game Over" for Sony, because it would drive them bankrupt.

They need to cut manufacturing costs before they can cut price.

this

Around the Network

One has to wonder if it's too little too late. While a price cut would undoubtedly attract more customers and gain more sales in the software department, would it be enough to persuade people? For all intents and purposes, the libraries of the xbox 360 and ps3 are basically the same with about a dozen ps3 exclusives worth buying.

The xbox is still 200 dollars- effectively making it still 100 dollars cheaper.

i think the PS3 price will not change. The price cut will be in the PS2.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION

A $299 PS3 would be game over for Sony - it would be followed shortly by an announcment of bankruptcy

And no, even if Sony found a whole pile of money, a $299 PS3 would sell slightly better than the 360, and nowhere near as well as the Wii

It will waste the 360 for sure, as far as the wii it will be even fight with PS3 outselling it when a big game is released.

at double the cost PS3 holds its own against the 360, a 100 cut will be huge any one that denies this is a fool. $100 extra for BR and Free online is big even today's dumb ass consumer will see that. 360 is limp along with NA sales but it will be dead in japan on a after though in Europe.

Although for the PS3 to really smack the comp silly Final Fantasy or Gran Turismo is needed.

Around the Network

Game over? The Wii will still be on top.

Tease.

More than 50% of current console gamers do not care for online gaming. If you take online out of the equation - PS3 is the worst valued system even with a $299 price tag. So PS3 is a Blu-Ray, multi-media and gaming machine - the best all around machine.

If Sony drops the price to $299, that will speed up their potential bankruptcy by about 3-12 months.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

$249 PS3 price announcement. Sony says:"We want to beat the Wii and win console system wars with PS3. Believe!!!"

jonnhytesta said:
Kantor said:
It could mean "Game Over" for Sony, because it would drive them bankrupt.

They need to cut manufacturing costs before they can cut price.

this

x2