By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will FF Versus XIII be seen as a spin-off? 1 Million in Japan First week??

darthdevidem01 said:
@scifiboy

there is no XIII online

@masterbr8tr

oh well

FF CC & FF Legend

are both FF games not based or related to any numbered FF

so they are called spin offs

people's excuse for calling FF Versus XIII a spin off is that its not related to XIII actual

well then they are being partial to it

I hate to say this but....maybe it being a Ps3 exclusive has resulted in people putting on coloured glasses when predicting anything FF Versus XIII

lol

it's not just the ps3 fans call who don't call it a spin-off , everyone is turned on for the trailer

Around the Network

The thing is, FF X-2 had WW sales that were not shy of X so i would imagine that Versus XIII will follow the same trend, and since the game is PS3 exclusive (for the moment at least) the sales for the game should be quite interesting to see anyway!

Whatever FF XIII does first week in Japan i think Versus XIII will do 3/4 of that number at least!

suikoden series a huge spinoff everithing happens in the same world. im not interested in suikoden vi anymore.

blackstar said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@scifiboy

there is no XIII online

@masterbr8tr

oh well

FF CC & FF Legend

people's excuse for calling FF Versus XIII a spin off is that its not related to XIII actual

I hate to say this but....maybe it being a Ps3 exclusive has resulted in people putting on coloured glasses when predicting anything FF Versus XIII

lol

it's not just the ps3 fans call who don't call it a spin-off , everyone is turned on for the trailer

Does calling it a spin off mean one can't be excited for it?

Is there no middle ground?

@squall

FFX-2 is a sequel

sequel to a 8 Million selling title.....people wanted to revisit Yuna n stuff

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
luisgvm said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@luisvgm

the thread relates the spin off question to sales

& "will it be seen as"....means by people

but you write in your post: "Now i want to ask you

Will FF Versus XIII be seen as a SPIN OFF by the general people.....after all its not called FF XIII.....but has a word before the XIII bit."

arent you asking that?.

Will FF Versus XIII be seen as a SPIN OFF by the general people.....after all its not called FF XIII.....but has a word before the XIII bit.

If so WILL this affect its sales?

______-

After that line

its even in a higher FONT

"if so....will it affect sales"

yes i know but your still asking it. and depending on the answer you give in the first question you will answer the second. im sorry jajajaja i dont know why i got so in into the debate.

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
blackstar said:
darthdevidem01 said:
@scifiboy

there is no XIII online

@masterbr8tr

oh well

FF CC & FF Legend

lol

Does calling it a spin off mean one can't be excited for it?

Is there no middle ground?

@squall

FFX-2 is a sequel

sequel to a 8 Million selling title.....people wanted to revisit Yuna n stuff

Yeah i guess but the game should likely still have high sales in Japan at least, they eat up anything FF related and since Versus XIII is basically another FF game (since it is different characters in the same world) this will be seen as such as i would not be surprised to see almost everyone that picked up XIII buy Versus!

There is a popular opinion on the internet that people buy Final Fantasy games just because they have "Final Fantasy" on the cover, without actually knowing wtf they are buying. Same goes for many other popular franchises.

Bullshit, that is. People know what they are buying, that's why some spinoffs sell so much better than others despite all having FF on the cover.

Versus XIII is a spinoff technically. But it is not a spinoff in the same way Crisis Core is spinoff to FFVII. Versus is a separate, different game. I dont think that being called the way it is will seriously affect its sales since it will be presented and marketed as a new FF, not as a new FF spinoff.

With most of the past FF games doing more than 3 million in Japan alone (and none selling less than 5 million worldwide), I really think the 2 million worldwide figure is extremely low for FF Versus XIII. It is Nomura's game so many people are going to see it as being every bit as big as FF XIII.

Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core did 2 million and it was on PSP.

http://www.finalfantasyunion.com/news/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-not-just-another-ffx-2--354.html

Heavens to Murgatoids.