By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will FF Versus XIII be seen as a spin-off? 1 Million in Japan First week??

@luisvgm

all the XIII titles are based on a common mythology

for which FF13 is the base

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
luisgvm said:
well i dont consider VERSUS13 as a spin-off. it have absolutely nothing to do with FF13, thats why i think SE should change the name. i dont know name it FF14 jajaja, but they should change the name. well its my opinion but what matters is how good the game is going to be i hope its great, so far the trailers they have released are epic¡¡¡¡¡.

I know it sounds crazy but versus may be renamed to FF14 and get released in 2010 in japan and 2011 ww.

@blackstar

Made in the same vein as the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII and the Ivalice Alliance, Fabula Nova Crystallis (which means "the New Tale of the Crystal" in Latin) is based on various worlds and different characters, but each game will be "ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos."

Source - wikipedia

darthdevidem01 said:
@luisvgm

all the XIII titles are based on a common mythology

for which FF13 is the base

it may be the same mythology but that doesnt mean they cant change the name right?.

@luisvgm

why would they change the name?

Things like this never happen

I am sorry but where are people getting crazy idea's like this from

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:

@blackstar

Made in the same vein as the Compilation of Final Fantasy VII and the Ivalice Alliance, Fabula Nova Crystallis (which means "the New Tale of the Crystal" in Latin) is based on various worlds and different characters, but each game will be "ultimately based on and expand upon a common mythos."

Source - wikipedia

Alot of lord of the rings is based upon norse mythology, doesnt mean that lord of the rings is a spin off

i expect at least 2 million in japan, 1 million each for others and america

at least 4.5 million ww

@masterbr8r

as I said

if we count

FF Crystal Chronicles & FF Legend as a spin off.....which we do

then so is FF VErsus XII

+ I am talking about sales here.....people will think its a spin off

I say 1.5-2M first week 

EDIT: This all depends how well FFXIII is recieved in Japan. If XIII meets with rave reviews and fan reception+ Great sales by the time it releases + the PS3's userbase it could well reach 2M first week 3M Lifetime sales

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi