By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will FF Versus XIII be seen as a spin-off? 1 Million in Japan First week??

I was having this discussion in another thread.

The main point some people were making was that FF Versus XIII will sell 1 Million FIRST WEEK in Japan alone.....which to me is along the lines of crazzyman's PS3 predictions.

Now i want to ask you

Will FF Versus XIII be seen as a SPIN OFF by the general people.....after all its not called FF XIII.....but has a word before the XIII bit.

If so WILL this affect its sales?

My point was

YES it will

I feel FF Versus XIII will do MAX 2 Million Worldwide with 500K from Japan at max!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

I think it might do more than 2mil worldwide but it all depends on how good the game actually is.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Sales doesnt matter to me....

I can say i have always been more hyped for versus than 13. It think the story seems more interesting and i like the character design more. Also i dont really like playing as a chick.

No. FFX-2 also a spin off can sell 5 million WW and 2.5 million in japan alone. Plus FFVXIII is not related to FFXIII at all except from same universe.

If this game rates higher than a 35 on Japanese's reviews and a 9 or higher on gamespot and IGN it will definetly do more than 2mil.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

Around the Network

the game is going multi for sure
4 millions I guess

yess i see it selling 3-4 ww easily.

its kh without disney after all.

blackstar said:
4 millions I guess

What i dont get, is why square didnt just announce the game multi along with 13, instead of claiming that its still exclusive to ps3 ect.

masterb8tr said:
blackstar said:
4 millions I guess

What i dont get, is why square didnt just announce the game multi along with 13, instead of claiming that its still exclusive to ps3 ect.

2 punches in different days are stronger than 2 in the same one , MS knows that :P

who knows maybe it's really using the power of THE CELL and BLUE-RAY or the fact that the game won't be released anytime soon or it may be a timed-exclusive game, it's really hard to ignor the 360 sales.

@NSS7

FFX-2 is a sequel to the 3rd most popular FF game ever

not a spin off

spin off's are like -- FF 12 revenant wings

FF7 spin offs n so on.
______

People saying FF Versus XIII isn't a spin off but a story on its own

then why do we call

Final Fantasy Legend & Final Fantasy Crystal chronicles spin off's?

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey