By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - $350 PC that runs Fallout 3 better than PS3 & 360.

@Quiet Cool White Box

Well said!

Sure you can BUILD a better gaming PC than the PS360,But how many of us know how to do that? Not to mention DRM issues,Bugs and other variuous things.

Around the Network

are you shio ?

no, shio hates all consoles.

Seeeuuuuuweeeettttt! Well I own a nice enough comp to run it and thats what I am buying the GOTY for. Either way XBOX, PS3, Wii and every system before it(including PC) have some great games.

Getting an XBOX One for me is like being in a bad relationship but staying together because we have kids. XBone we have 20000+ achievement points, 2+ years of XBL Gold and 20000+ MS points. I think its best we stay together if only for the MS points.

Nintendo Treehouse is what happens when a publisher is confident and proud of its games and doesn't need to show CGI lies for five minutes.

-Jim Sterling

sweet!

Long Live SHIO!

Around the Network
frybread said:

Someone challenged me on another forum to come up with a PC that runs Fallout 3 better than PS3/360 for less than $500.

Too easy, I said.  Let's make this interesting, I'll make it for $350, cheaper than the triple.

I present to you a PC that can play Fallout 3 better than PS3/360, for less than PS3.  

The build I use for my own PCs as well as my familys (not for a ps3 beating contest) is here:
http://techreport.com/articles.x/16438/2
It's a bit more expensive, but it keeps upgrades in mind, and the parts are certainly better.  I recommend it far above the one used for this challenge.

Props to you for doing so. Though seriously was your manhood ever in doubt that you felt the need to prove it to a console user who clearly has self inflicted manhood issues? PC is the ultimate platform for graphical output. It's has it's up's, it has it's downs. I think we know the standard dance routine.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Senlis said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Khuutra said:
Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Haha, no really.. whats Starcraft?...

You own Warcraft 3 and its expansion, don't pretend you don't know the only RTS game bigger than that one.

True i own Warcraft 3 rain of chaos and Frozon throne but NEVER heared of a game called Starcraft, i know this "person" starcraft hear on VG but didnt know there was a game, let alone a franchise of it.

Since you mention warcraft i can only assume its a Blizzard game?

I'm a little late for this, but you guys should cut him a break.  He is only 18 years old and starcraft was released in 1998.  He would have been about 8 years old when it was released.

Yeah but Starcraft still charts.

It still sells enough volume in stores to be recorded by trackers... and places very well too.  Or at least it did before the announcement of SC 2.  Not sure now.

u dont count the monitor right ?

u lose ...

Time to Work !

It's always riddiculous to compare the PC to consoles...since if you know what you're doing with a PC, you can always build a "massive rig" that punks any console.

"...You can't kill ideas with a sword, and you can't sink belief structures with a broadside. You defeat them by making them change..."

- From By Schism Rent Asunder

libellule said:
u dont count the monitor right ?

u lose ...

Do you count a TV when you buy a PS3/360?

Cause you know... you can hook the PC up to your TV.