By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - $350 PC that runs Fallout 3 better than PS3 & 360.

This pc is good for running fallout 3, and then in a year or two when fallout 4 comes out, the consoles will still be able to run the game whereas this pc won't

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
This pc is good for running fallout 3, and then in a year or two when fallout 4 comes out, the consoles will still be able to run the game whereas this pc won't

Are PS3 and 360 getting a GPU upgrade between now and then?

PC + Wii owners unite.  Our last-gen dying platforms have access to nearly every 90+ rated game this gen.  Building a PC that visually outperforms PS360 is cheap and easy.    Oct 7th 2010 predictions (made Dec 17th '08)
PC: 10^9
Wii: 10^8

@Bokal:
Speaking about price, performance and their ratio, as PC's evolve in tech and price in a more continuous way, they tend to be more convenient than consoles before a price cut of the latter happen.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

frybread said:
theprof00 said:

Are PS3 and 360 getting a GPU upgrade between now and then?

Nope, but the games will be tailored to fit the console hardware as always. However, PC will always have minimum requirements that are ever increasing, and in a year these parts wont be able to handle anything new. Sure the games will be gimped a little on the console versions, but at least they'll be playable.

i own both... a ps3 and a powerful PC and i like gaming in both... but that PC wont play GTA IV for sure... my PC has 1 year old and cost me 1300 euros and my ps3 plays gta iv better then my PC

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network

I just built my mom a PC. She limited me to 1500 bucks! I was laughing. She had always bought those POS Compaqs and HPs from Staples for like 1200. I built her a smokin quad core for less than 600. I could have done alot cheaper, but I didn't want to skimp out and go with anything that I wasn't absolutely sure about. One thing I did find was a Scepter 20 inch monitor for 119. I had never heard of Scepter until a few years ago but they have the best monitor (IMHO) for the money if anyone doesn't know it already. As far as the Fallout 3 argument, I have not had any complaints running mine on the PS3. I have heard that the 360s draw distance is slightly better, but not sos you would notice.

the next year game argument is flawed in that a pc graphics are improving via a better gpu a more powerful cpu!

next years game will run on this year specs the same way it will run on a ps3 and 360.

the only difference is the game wont look as great as the latest greatest hardware.

because games are scalable they do optimize console games line by line taking out putting in for a better looking game

like fewer enemies flowers trees.

also most games are made to run a middle pc card being $400 SUPERCARD or a midrange $200.00 card.

I picked up a 9800 gtx for $170 6 months ago and it kills on cod4 over both PS360 more enemies and effects.

still I agree console gaming is cheaper overall for upgrades and the games you get over the life of the console.

daddo this is a 90$ card,
next year the video cards will run games much worse than next years console gaming.
i have the 9800 gtx as well, and I got it for dx10 compatibility. I'm not sure if this card is compatible and I don't know exactly how that situation is being worked. Could we start seeing incompatible video cards?

LoL at this thread.

Either side of the argument that computers are better than console or consoles are better than computers is just funny.

They are different concepts with different issues. Also I would rather have seen a computer for $500 at the time PS3/X360 was released that could run Fallout 3 as good as them.

A warrior keeps death on the mind from the moment of their first breath to the moment of their last.

theprof00 said:

This is going to be my final post in this joke thread because I am tired of reiterating myself to a hundered different people
I am goin by standards in this final assessment because I think that once you start talking about using old pc parts and linux then you aren't really talking about a pc anymore you're talking about a frankenstein slapped together.

I knew you wouldn't be able to walk away.

Whether or not fallout 4 will run(and it would) on this build is irrelevent. It has nothing to do with the challenge. As plenty of people have already stated, this would be a horrible rig to actually consider putting together. However, it does meet the challenge.