By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SO4 exclusive to...

either the PS3 or 360. We don't know which one though. It looks like it will be on display at the TGS so we will have to wait till then to find out.

http://gamers-creed.com/?p=497

The obvious choice seems to be the PS3 but maybe the 360 has scored a major coup. 

Around the Network

Yeah I'd have to agree with you. Star Ocean is bigger in Japan than in the West, so if its exclusive to one console it would most likely be the PS3. If MS somehow managed to get Star Ocean exclusive to 360, I'd be extremely surprised.

The scans seem to confirm that this isn't a Wii title, and the PS3 guess seems accurate. A switch to the 360 would, frankly, be a minor coup, this isn't a massively popular series, only a solidly popular one.

And Star Ocean 3 sold more in the US than in the Japan.

Where is Soriku. He will be so disappointed.

If they want to turn a decent profit they'll probably want to go Wii, but I don't see that happening.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Around the Network

Rule 1:  Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic.

Keep the language in thread titles clean. We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point), but thread titles are a different matter. Whatever luridly foul things you wish to say about Luigi, you can find a work safe euphemism for the title. Also, letter substitution fools nobody, but strings of unpronounceable symbols are acceptable. Now for the descriptive and on topic bit. It's very simple - use the thread title to sum up or describe what you are saying in your post. Do not use the title as a deceptive hook to lure people in. Do not post something useless like "How do I..." and have the question in the post. Use a game's full name rather than just a abbreviation of it. Starcraft instead of SC. Star Control 2 instead of SC2. Soul Caliber 3 instead of SC3. SimCity 4 instead of SC4. Abbreviations mean different things to different people, so Be Specific. Also, be careful about using the word "official" or "perpetual." Do not simply declare your thread official by fiat. Threads are only "official" or "perpetual" if management says so. In a decision between two threads on the same topic, the thread with the most clear thread title will take priority over the thread with a more obscure topic, even if the latter is posted first.

There aren't many rules on this forum.  This is number one.   

Yeah but more people will click on it this way becuase 90% of us don't know what the hell the acronym SO4 stands for off the top of our heads.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Knowing Square-Enix, those screenies are most likely FMV stills. Though I wouldn't hold out much hope, there's still a chance that this could be for the Wii. However, I wouldn't count on it, since more than likely, this game has been in development since before people thought the Wii would blow away the competition.

I really do hope it's better than SO3, though. My god, that game was terrible.

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

You think its PS3 or 360 based on those scans... really.

i figured it was one of PS2/Wii/PSP

Gelmer said:
Yeah but more people will click on it this way becuase 90% of us don't know what the hell the acronym SO4 stands for off the top of our heads.

Even with the knowledge that it stands for "Star Ocean", I still don't know what it is.. lol

The screens actually don't look that good, but if the source on the engines is correct, then it seems more than less likely it is going to PS3 -- not a worry for me though :P