By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SO4 exclusive to...

Most likely on the ps3 which sounds alright to me as long as the fanbase increases so the game gets enough sales. If the latter doesnt happen then they should just use Unreal engine and make multi 360 and ps3

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.
Around the Network

GO PS3

even thoguh I don't give damn about JRPG's..lol

Supporter of

SONY & Nintendo

Consoles owned - SNES, N64, PS, GC, PS2, PSP, PS3

I DO NOT support Xbox

My prediction for YEARS END:

WII - 18.3 Million

Xbox 360 - 15 Million

Playstation 3 - 8.5 Million

If you showed me that screen shot I would assume it was a Wii game, but if they say it is either on PS3 or 360 it must be on PS3.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

ouch, a Ps3 exclusive is going to hurt this game so bad.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Gelmer said:
ouch, a Ps3 exclusive is going to hurt this game so bad.

Explain?  You saying that this game has no chance of selling on the PS3?

Around the Network

it has plenty of chance of selling on the PS3, just not as well as it could. I know this is just naysaying of one person, but after the let down its predicessor was, its hard to see how there will be enough hype for the successor on a console with a handicapped underbase.

Sign the Resident_Evil_5_Petition for a Wii release or Dark_Samus is going to come get you.

Let-down how? There's a couple of anti-fanboys screaming but it's the best selling SO to date. But on the sales discussion, I agree with you. SO4 isn't going to pull in SO3 numbers. It's simply not an option given the PS3's (lack of) popularity. And I already know several fans who have sworn off this entry based on the console alone.

On another note:

Some more Star Ocean 4 details

• The game "isn't that far off"
• Specific details on SO4's release will be available by the time people are done playing the SO1 and SO2 remakes
• In its current stage the battles are already playable, but full of placeholder elements
• The story is done, and while he can't talk about its setting yet, there might be some surprises related to that at the TGS. But it won't be so different that characters from other games in the series won't be able to return.
• He concedes that past Star Ocean games have not really felt like they were set in an ocean of stars. In this one you will be able to pilot a ship and travel to different worlds, and while it will retain fantasy elements, it will live up to the series' title more than the previous games in the series have.
• The man and woman in the screenshot are the hero and heroine of the game. As a teaser they placed figures of them in the display at the SE party and he was disappointed that almost no one noticed.
• The heroine's name is Reimi. The hero's name is Edge Maverick
• There aren't just two or three planets in the galaxy this time. There are more. Sounds like a lot more.
• You can have four companions with you in battle this time. There are a lot of new elements and it doesn't really feel like the battle system of SO3.
• Private Actions will, of course, return.

http://www.eternalsphere.com/index.html

Official Star Ocean portal site just went live! *screams*

I love Star Ocean.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

well, it may appear on PS3,
but this is only a rumor :

- why not Xbox360 too ?
- why not wii too ?

.... rumor rumor rumor

Time to Work !

ClaudeLv250 said:

Let-down how? There's a couple of anti-fanboys screaming but it's the best selling SO to date. But on the sales discussion, I agree with you. SO4 isn't going to pull in SO3 numbers. It's simply not an option given the PS3's (lack of) popularity. And I already know several fans who have sworn off this entry based on the console alone.

On another note:

Some more Star Ocean 4 details

• The game "isn't that far off"
• Specific details on SO4's release will be available by the time people are done playing the SO1 and SO2 remakes
• In its current stage the battles are already playable, but full of placeholder elements
• The story is done, and while he can't talk about its setting yet, there might be some surprises related to that at the TGS. But it won't be so different that characters from other games in the series won't be able to return.
• He concedes that past Star Ocean games have not really felt like they were set in an ocean of stars. In this one you will be able to pilot a ship and travel to different worlds, and while it will retain fantasy elements, it will live up to the series' title more than the previous games in the series have.
• The man and woman in the screenshot are the hero and heroine of the game. As a teaser they placed figures of them in the display at the SE party and he was disappointed that almost no one noticed.
• The heroine's name is Reimi. The hero's name is Edge Maverick
• There aren't just two or three planets in the galaxy this time. There are more. Sounds like a lot more.
• You can have four companions with you in battle this time. There are a lot of new elements and it doesn't really feel like the battle system of SO3.
• Private Actions will, of course, return.

http://www.eternalsphere.com/index.html

Official Star Ocean portal site just went live! *screams*

I love Star Ocean.

*screams*, can't wait!!!

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

mitsuhide said:
Well if the engine cant be done on the Wii(apparently) and its released in 09 by then the PS3 userbase will be atleast 3.5x what it is now by then(14-15million(by 09)) i think it would be safe to say that the X360 would be a bad choice for S-E because they are Japanese and unless MS pays them stupid amounts of money it wont be exclusive to X360, but MS wont pay ridiculous amounts of money for StarOcean but they for FinalFantasy but FFXI wasnt very successful on the X360 and the X360 isnt successful in JPN,FF's main area.

Where are people still getting the idea that FF is primarily sold in Japan? According to this site over half of the last few games sales occurred outside of Japan in the USA and Europe, where the 360's sales vastly outmatch the PS3's so far.........

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS