By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - SO4 exclusive to...

SO3 was the best of the series, but that's not saying much because SO and SO2 sucked. It was a decent RPG with some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard. Still, I'll give SO4 a chance.

Around the Network
Ari_Gold said:
Gelmer said:
After SO3 I dropped out of the franchise. I don't have much more faith for this one either as we know next to nothing about what it plans on doing differently.

i feel sorry for you... why did u hate SO3? was it too hard for you? are you used to easy n00bish Final Fantasy RPGs?

i thought it was a great game... took me over a 100 hours to finish. fayth leingod is da man

EDIT: i hope this game ends up on the PS3 

Yes me too, to be honest I love SOIII more than the FF games on the PS2. I've got the JP version, both actually, first version and Director's Cut version, to me the game is one of the hardest RPG games on the PS2, best story, best soundtrack, just a true masterpiece to me.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

Ari_Gold said:
Gelmer said:
After SO3 I dropped out of the franchise. I don't have much more faith for this one either as we know next to nothing about what it plans on doing differently.

i feel sorry for you... why did u hate SO3? was it too hard for you? are you used to easy n00bish Final Fantasy RPGs?

i thought it was a great game... took me over a 100 hours to finish. fayth leingod is da man

Um... right. How's this for grievances:

-Awful party AI that often had my party members running around in circles doing nothing in the heat of battle

-Cringe-worthy voice acting

-A "sci-fi RPG" that took place on mostly low-tech planets, making it almost indistinguishable from a generic fantasy RPG

-Horribly cliche "big plot twist"

-Obtuse and unfun crafting system

-MP death

Honestly, I just don't see why some people go ga-ga over the game. It would have probably been good, perhaps even great, without these glaring flaws. 

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

Garcian Smith said:
Ari_Gold said:
Gelmer said:

-Awful party AI that often had my party members running around in circles doing nothing in the heat of battle

-A "sci-fi RPG" that took place on mostly low-tech planets, making it almost indistinguishable from a generic fantasy RPG

-MP death

Honestly, I just don't see why some people go ga-ga over the game. It would have probably been good, perhaps even great, without these glaring flaws.

QFT. So3 was not what I expected.The history got me really excited at first, but after playing for 20+ hours I understood that I would be stuck into the damn low tech planet for almost the whole game. The battle system was not fast enough for a semi-action RPG (get Tales of Symphonia now). Overall tha game lacks content and depth. On speed demos there is a 4 hour speedrun for this game. This is embarassing, even the old FF (20-30 hours average games) could only be finished in  3-4 hours minimum time.

Ari_Gold please do not say that you disagree with others that way. We all know that FF is too easy for the hardcore RPG player, but that does not mean that everyone that dislikes SO series is into FF.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Soriku is not interested in the game anymore based on this speculation...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

naznatips said:
SO3 was the best of the series, but that's not saying much because SO and SO2 sucked. It was a decent RPG with some of the worst voice acting I have ever heard. Still, I'll give SO4 a chance.

aHAhahahahahaha!!!

Please, SO2 was the best, followed by SO3.

But this turn of events certainly has me slightly pissed. They just need to announce what console the game is for and why.

itsamii said 

On speed demos there is a 4 hour speedrun for this game. This is embarassing, even the old FF (20-30 hours average games) could only be finished in 3-4 hours minimum time.

Uh, it's SPEEDRUN. I know some of the people that did them. Turning off cutscenes and the lack of random battles doesn't surprise me that it took an entire 4 hours to go from towns and dungeons and shoot straight for bosses.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

super_etecoon said:

Rule 1:  Thread titles must be work safe, descriptive and on topic.

Keep the language in thread titles clean. We don't restrict language usage in posts (up to a point), but thread titles are a different matter. Whatever luridly foul things you wish to say about Luigi, you can find a work safe euphemism for the title. Also, letter substitution fools nobody, but strings of unpronounceable symbols are acceptable. Now for the descriptive and on topic bit. It's very simple - use the thread title to sum up or describe what you are saying in your post. Do not use the title as a deceptive hook to lure people in. Do not post something useless like "How do I..." and have the question in the post. Use a game's full name rather than just a abbreviation of it. Starcraft instead of SC. Star Control 2 instead of SC2. Soul Caliber 3 instead of SC3. SimCity 4 instead of SC4. Abbreviations mean different things to different people, so Be Specific. Also, be careful about using the word "official" or "perpetual." Do not simply declare your thread official by fiat. Threads are only "official" or "perpetual" if management says so. In a decision between two threads on the same topic, the thread with the most clear thread title will take priority over the thread with a more obscure topic, even if the latter is posted first.

There aren't many rules on this forum.  This is number one.   

i thought i was anal.

PS3 exclusive.

Garcian Smith said:
Ari_Gold said:
Gelmer said:

-MP death

- lol no. I've had 300+ hours on SO3 and my party members have NEVER "run in circles" so I know you're full of it. The only AI problem I ever hear about is the one where they back off so they won't get killed, in which most people whining about it don't realize that they're set to BACK OFF SO THEY DON'T GET KILLED

- Main characters: no. Some NPCs: Yes

- It's sci-fi/fantasy. It's been that way since its conception 

- People bitch because it's not cliché, I don't know how many tims the game gets attacked for not having a sephiroth or sin.

- Pick an IC class and begin. Not unfun, not obtuse, amost ridiculously easy and simplistic.

- MP death = win

The game gets attacked far too frequently and and got good reviews. To have an SO4 thread devolve into an anti-SO3 btroll and bitchfest and then have the audacity to claim that people go "gaga" over it when there's been nothing in this thread but BASDH BASH BASH DUN LIEK STAH OSHEN BASH BASH BASH is just ****ing moronic. 

Now that the SO bashing is (hopefully) over, I found some SO4 info on GameFAQs from a respectable user named Kouli:

There's gonna be a 'surprise' at the TGS, on the timeline of the game. Most likely the same universe.

Anyway, characters from the series will make appearence. They finally take up on 'ocean of stars', you can now free to explore the universe with airship(with POSSIBLE airship battles), so no more linear 'crash here and go there' stuff. There will be quite a lot of planets, not just two or three. There will still be Private Action and the battle system is upgrated from SO3. This is planned to be released after SO1 and SO2 for the PSP. This game is being fully developed by tri-Ace. They are giving their focus and best on this.

IMO, with the obvious focus on graphics, Wii is out and I can't imagine this on Wii... Since MicroSoft is dead in Japan and I don't see or want to see a series like this goes on committing suicide, 360 is out, by default. Of course, that leaves PS3 which is highly capable on their direction of graphics.

On a side note, the main male and female were already presented out as figures back in the Party. Reimi's last name can't be said right now. Related to some character from the series?