By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Balance Board has almost outsold PS3, says Nintendo

nordlead said:
SaviorX said:
Ouch, below the belt.

It isn't going to stop either. More games will be released concerning fitness and people will still "think" they can lose weight with Wii Fit. Plus it is STILL being advertised on television and will probably bring in another $1 billion by the end of the year (wait until Christmas...)

If anything, its sales haven't shown much decline either. So unless the PS3 has some super stuff coming super quick... Wii Fit may.......catch up?

what? so I can't lose weight by doing crunches and pushups? I should tell my scale that...

You'd be surprised how many people complain of going into Wii Fit, expecting to lose tons of weight, than criticize the thing when that doesn't happen. I'm happy to hear it worked for you, but it unfortunately catches flak for not making misguided people lose weight.

If anything, Wii Fit encourages an exercise regiment.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network
SaviorX said:
nordlead said:
SaviorX said:
Ouch, below the belt.

It isn't going to stop either. More games will be released concerning fitness and people will still "think" they can lose weight with Wii Fit. Plus it is STILL being advertised on television and will probably bring in another $1 billion by the end of the year (wait until Christmas...)

If anything, its sales haven't shown much decline either. So unless the PS3 has some super stuff coming super quick... Wii Fit may.......catch up?

what? so I can't lose weight by doing crunches and pushups? I should tell my scale that...

You'd be surprised how many people complain of going into Wii Fit, expecting to lose tons of weight, than criticize the thing when that doesn't happen. I'm happy to hear it worked for you, but it unfortunately catches flak for not making misguided people lose weight.

If anything, Wii Fit encourages an exercise regiment.

I can't help it people have unrealistic weight loss goals.

And yes, I agree, it encourages people to exercise, and it is great at it. Honestly I don't use it for much more than a scale any more and now use the free gym in my apartment complex (didn't have one before). But I do use the balance board for Shawn White

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Pristine20 said:
shinyuhadouken said:
This must be hard on all the sony fanboys. Wii Fit is simply a monster.

I'm in pain...wii fit is selling so many copies!

You should buy Wii Fit, it might cure your pain.

But then the sales of Wii Fit caused you the pain?

Argh! logic circle.

BladeOfGod said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDe7MPPZYgE Wii fit is not an ACTAUL VIDEO GAME. Nintendo is playing dirty by realising something which is unrelated to video games/entertainment. Its for people who wanna get ''fit''

Why THEE hell did I click on that link?

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

I think the biggest thing that Nintendo was trying to point out to developers' is, there's money to be made just on the BB, let allow the Wii it self.

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Around the Network

I love all the morons who say their Balance Board is gathering dust, if it is then sell it! It’s still way in demand you can still get what you paid for it or more. Why hang on to a “useless” controller when you could sell it and buy another sausage fest party game or two? My guess is you don’t have one or you’re dumb as a bag of hammers and don’t realize you can sell it.

More than even the Wii I think WiiFit is the biggest success of the generation.

XBL: WiiVault Wii: PM me  PSN: WiiVault

PC: AMD Athlon II Quadcore 635 (OC to 4.0ghz) , ATI Radeon 5770 1GB (x2)

MacBook Pro C2D 2.8ghz, 9600m GT 512 iMac: C2D 2.0, X2600XT 256

Nice!!!! Keep it coming xD

averyblund said:
More than even the Wii I think WiiFit is the biggest success of the generation.

Meh, I'd say Wii Sports is the biggest success. It is essentially the reason the Wii started being popular. Wii Fit is probably a safe second though.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

The Balance Board will stop selling at one point, the PS3 will follow his life.

MY ZELDA COLLECTION