By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Balance Board has almost outsold PS3, says Nintendo

kingofwale said:
nordlead said:
kingofwale said:

Think from a third party developers view... if they actually want to develop something for Wii Balance board, they would've developed something (albit good) for Wii instead.

If you looked 1 post above yours, you would notice I pointed out Shaun White. It went on to be the best version out of all the different versions.

You could make some good games on Wii, but make them great with adding Balance Board support.

Again, too few use for it makes it absolute unnecessary for user to "HAVE" to get it. THis is the same issue with PSeye. Yes, Burnout used it, but why should I pay 40-50 bucks for it so I can have slightly better experiences??

If Nintendo should ask for anything, maybe they should ask developers to make more games for their console?? Heck, or even show some (We-would-like-to-play)-esqu commericials to back those great AA games by third party

where's Mad-World Nintendo ad?

Burnout provided a snapshot when you take someone out. Not something that would make anyone in their right mind go out and buy a PS-eye.

Skate-it, Shaun White, and a few other games offer a completely different way to play the game with the Balance Board. So it isn't exactly the same thing. Now, if there was a PS3 boxing game that used the PS-eye to track movements, then that would be more along the same line.

Another differenece is that ~17m people already have a Balance Board. If you can make a game uniquely uses the balance board, you have a userbase of 17m people. I don't care about the people who don't have a balance board, I just care about the people who already have one. If I make a PS-eye game, then my userbase is significatly smaller, and I would have to convince people to buy the device on top of my game.

anyways, Sega should be advertising Mad-world, not Nintendo.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network

I may get the board when they eventually sell it separately, I don't need Wii Fit personally.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Bokal said:

And I said under the couch because it's the place I've seen most wii owners hide the balance.

Mine is behind my couch cause my couch sits flat on the floor so you can't put anything under it.

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

TWRoO said:
hentai_11 said:
Bokal said:
And 9 out of 10 of them are gathering dust under the couch?

Yes, right next to the 9 out of 10 PS3s, which are used only as BluRay Players.

Exactly... isn't it obvious. No one uses any of their consoles.

The Wii goes unused because apparently all of them were bought by people who don't play games.

The PS3 goes unused because all of them were bought as a blu-ray player or in bulk to cure cancer.

The X360 goes unused because it has a 100% failure rate, so all of them sit there blinking at you.

There don't seem to be many excuses for handheld consoles, so perhaps people play them more, although that is rather odd considering people buy many more games for home consoles than handhelds.

QFT.

That summed it up perfectly.

Well thats it folks, console gaming is dead.

Playing : PC  AOE, DiRT 2, Runes of Magic, Wings of Prey & Planetside 2  

Wii U : Nintendoland, Super Mario U  & Fifa 2013 demo

DS : Guitar Hero : On Tour

Formerly unknown as Vengi

http://vgchartz.com/profiles/profile.php?id=2331

@Kingofwale: The idea is, that making your game to make good use of the Balance Board, your game could gather up some additional sales. Also, judging by the installbase, there are very little incentives to make a PS3 exclusive instead of Balance Board exclusive game. With the Balance Board you also face a lot less competition.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

It looks like the old nintendo is slowly reappearing

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Okay, just asking

Are we sure Nintendo said "Wii Fit has almost outsold Ps3"?

It could easily be something ala

"The Balance Board is selling fantastic, and is virtually a platform in itself". Its sales have now exceeded 15M (or something).

Because the 1st would be arrogant and un-necessary, whereas the second is stating the truth.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

All they did was show a graph showing that the balance board can be considered a platform in itself (hoping to encourage development for it).

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Demotruk said:
All they did was show a graph showing that the balance board can be considered a platform in itself (hoping to encourage development for it).

Do you have a link to that?

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Oyvoyvoyv said:

Okay, just asking

Are we sure Nintendo said "Wii Fit has almost outsold Ps3"?

It could easily be something ala

"The Balance Board is selling fantastic, and is virtually a platform in itself". Its sales have now exceeded 15M (or something).

Because the 1st would be arrogant and un-necessary, whereas the second is stating the truth.

wouldn't the first be stating the truth too? I mean they are only 4m units back and catching up fast. Sometimes the truth is harsh

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)