By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Wii Balance Board has almost outsold PS3, says Nintendo

It's a video game. You play it like any other, it has the dual purpose of helping you get fit and enjoy yourself. Though, I like the way releasing it was "playing dirty". Ha!

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

Around the Network

This must be hard on all the sony fanboys. Wii Fit is simply a monster.

Not a 360 fanboy, just a PS3 fanboy hater that likes putting them in their place ^.^

We need a Balance Board graph on the main page.

Tempus fugit Nintendo manet.

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Member - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Regular - Pass 2k
Level 4 - Addicted - Pass 5k
Level 5 - Obsessed - Pass 10k
Level 6 - Old Guard - Pass 20k
Level 7 - Legend - Pass 50k
Level 8 - Demi-God - Pass 100k
Level 9 - God - Pass 250k
Level 10 - Zeus - Pass 500k

New Table:

Level 1 - Newbie
Level 2 - Rookie - Pass 1k
Level 3 - Padawan - Pass 10k
Level 4 - Sea Dog - Pass 25k
Level 5 - Captain - Pass 50k
Level 6 - Agent - Pass 100k
Level 7 - Elite - Pass 175k
Level 8 - Hero - Pass 250k
Level 9 - Legend - Pass 500k
Level 10 - Titan - Pass 1 Million

I wonder how many ab rollers were sold?

shinyuhadouken said:

I'm in pain...wii fit is selling so many copies!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network

Ouch, below the belt.

It isn't going to stop either. More games will be released concerning fitness and people will still "think" they can lose weight with Wii Fit. Plus it is STILL being advertised on television and will probably bring in another $1 billion by the end of the year (wait until Christmas...)

If anything, its sales haven't shown much decline either. So unless the PS3 has some super stuff coming super quick... Wii Fit may.......catch up?

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
If anything, its sales haven't shown much decline either. So unless the PS3 has some super stuff coming super quick... Wii Fit may.......catch up?

Is it really that shocking? It will fly by PS3, it stands a chance of outselling X360 somewhere further down the line.

A game I'm developing with some friends:

www.xnagg.com/zombieasteroids/publish.htm

It is largely a technical exercise but feedback is appreciated.

SaviorX said:
Ouch, below the belt.

It isn't going to stop either. More games will be released concerning fitness and people will still "think" they can lose weight with Wii Fit. Plus it is STILL being advertised on television and will probably bring in another $1 billion by the end of the year (wait until Christmas...)

what? so I can't lose weight by doing crunches and pushups? I should tell my scale that...

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

shinyuhadouken said:

I AM DYING!!!!  The exercise machine is about to outsell my video game console. HELP ME!!!

BladeOfGod said:
shinyuhadouken said:

I AM DYING!!!!  The exercise machine is about to outsell my video game console. HELP ME!!!

Your attempt to be sarcastic isn't really fooling anyone. We know it hurts. But you'll live!