By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Netflix! No longer X360 exclusive service?! Coming to PS3! O.o

''nexfilx'' vs ''blu ray movies''in ps3 . ?,..

*Streaming 1 point

*blu ray 0 point

''Halo reach''.. sell 7.m first week ,Believe¡¡¡¡¡¡

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
NanakiXI said:
Half the shit in magazines and online is photoshopped anyways. Your point? Yes it could be fake or not, but you proved nothing except anyone can photoshop fonts into a white background. Congrats!

He proved how easy it is, and it needed to be said because of the likelihood this is photoshopped. It doesn't make sense for the PS3 to require a streaming disc to run Netflix because the PS3 contains a hard drive, and this is word for word the same survey as the Wii's, when the streaming disc made sense. Excuse some people for trying to debunk what seems like a fake.

Common knowledge is that it is easy as hell to photoshop. Even way more complicaited pictures are easily minipulated by photoshop. Even a person with no knowledge. Yes it can be and yes more than likely possible. I'm arguing the fact of stating the obvious possibility it is fake. I even said it could be fake and the article from where it came from said it was fake.

The reason it may be on a disc is the possibility that Sony would not officially support a thing like this in their firmware updates since they are competing with Netflix on their own PSN network. Kinda know how Gameshark wasn't exactly supported by the consoles they worked on but could be legally sold.

Chances are that this is not true as we would hear something forom Sony first. I could possibly see a colaberation between Sony and Netflix that would be more benificial to both companies.

@MattAAron

I wasn't trying to be an ass towards you although it may have come out that way. It just angers me that everyone is always willing to write something off as fake or photoshopped. Gets annoying after a while, especially when a few things I've posted on other sites before came out to be true but everyone told me it was fake at the time. I rather think "hell yeah, this could happen" instead of thinking "fuck, they are going to lie again".

FootballFan - "GT has never been bigger than Halo. Now do a comparison between the two attach ratios and watch GT get stomped by Halo. Reach will sell 5 million more than GT5. Quote me on it."

@NanakiXI no problem :D I was simply making a joke of it all... as thats how I really take this whole thing since it all came from a survey...

and I was kind of bored too :D

Your right though, with the internet/technology these days, not even a video is proof enough, you can easily fake anything :/

Guess we'll find out the truth down the road

$10 is way to much when I can stream to my PC for free which is hooked up to my TV anyways. So BOOOO, make it cheaper or a free download add-on.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

It would be interesting to see the biggest backer of Blu-Ray supporting the format's biggest threat, digital movie downloads.

Around the Network
Legend11 said:
It would be interesting to see the biggest backer of Blu-Ray supporting the format's biggest threat, digital movie downloads.

you do know that PS3 has online movie store as well right?

SpartanFX said:
Legend11 said:

you do know that PS3 has online movie store as well right?

Of course he doesn't.  This just goes to show how much of a troll/non-gamer this user really is along with his other past posts.

Hackers are poor nerds who don't wash.

dont care

axumblade said:
Legend11 said:

You're about 9 months late with this statement....

There's a big difference when it comes to what Netflix represents.  How many people with a subscription to Netflix would go out and purchase a Blu-Ray copy of a movie when it's available on NetFlix and they have already basically paid for that copy of it?  It's also far cheaper when you consider what you're getting for your money.

Here's a link to what I'm talking about...  Also with the rapidly rising amount of competition to Blu-Ray (much more than DVD ever faced) I can't help but wonder if Sony's falling fortunes in this tough economy will spread to the format as well.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/33413/Blu-ray-losing-out-to-downloads#after_ad

hmm probably not a huge deal because all the movies shown are really old. Its nice to have but not that big of a deal IMO

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!!